Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Election America!

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Now, I don't really follow American news talking about their domestic economy, and I've been enjoying some fine wines, but wouldn't the (estimated) $1 trillion Iraq war and reliance on Chinese bankers indicate a not-so-healthy economy?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    Now, I don't really follow American news talking about their domestic economy, and I've been enjoying some fine wines, but wouldn't the (estimated) $1 trillion Iraq war and reliance on Chinese bankers indicate a not-so-healthy economy?

No.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    How so?

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Btw, I was sickened by some major Democratic leaders supporting Michael Steele.

It was cos he was black.

Luckily the black folks voted their ideals versus skin color.

While I was in line at the polls I remember some folks I talked to talked about NOT voting for him.

Someone even said something really low and called him Clarence Thomas.
    With regard to Steele, the media missed a very telling series of events:

Barack Obama (the rock star, remember?) went to Maryland to support Ben Cardin against Steele.

No actually I don't remember....oh that's right, yes, yes, I do remember....it's something you made up.

He said blacks should not cast their votes based on skin color, and that Cardin was the better candidate to represent them.

He then went to Tennessee to support Harold Ford, Jr. against Bob Corker.

He exhorted the crowd to "Send another brother to Washington-I'm gettin' lonely in D.C.".

Question:

Is this pandering or racism?

Obviously, it's pandering.

No Republican with presidential aspirations making similar comments could have escaped a hailstorm of criticism.

I guess we need to get us a rock star, too, huh?

I don't know what you mean about rock stars.

As to the other issues, I guess we'll see what happens, won't we?

Here come the Democrats, all pristine and pretty, to clean up the Republican mess...

I wonder whose ideas they'll use?
    When you put forth questions in that manner they at least should be profound.

Since fiscal responsibility has not been a Republican staple we'll put that idea in the Dems hands, mmmmmkkkk.

Also irregardless to the gifting, somewhat the same thing since the Dems are trying to change the rules.

edit: With the earmarks, I'll gladly give kudos to the one Republican that stands alone on that issue. If rules get changed for that I'll gladly give credit where credit is due.

I just want the rules changed. Damn if I care who spearheaded the change.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-12-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Dave Dickenson's mother Sue, a Democrat, was re-elected as a Montana state representative in Tuesday's U.S. elections . Dickerson is our BC Lions Quarter back so found that interesting . Shows you what I know Busy ,unless its sports related I pay little attention .

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Okayyyyyy. Some media outlets called Barack a rock star for his popularity.

I could only remember what you said....you called them rock stars. I stand corrected about the media calling him that (you went through all that trouble?).

I still have no idea what relevance the popularity of a congressman has to what I said about them being civil servants.

They can do all the interviews and talk shows they want. They just shouldn't be receiving gifts since it can lead to corruption.

Also what does working in DC have to do with it?

What's with the at all (at all)?

Someone says something about a rule that should be in place and you bring up, "Well CNN says they are rock stars. What about that, huh?".

I'll take uncharismatic asshole that gets the job done over a charismatic waste of time any day.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Okayyyyyy. Some media outlets called Barack a rock star for his popularity.

I could only remember what you said....you called them rock stars. I stand corrected about the media calling him that (you went through all that trouble?).

I still have no idea what relevance the popularity of a congressman has to what I said about them being civil servants.

They can do all the interviews and talk shows they want. They just shouldn't be receiving gifts since it can lead to corruption.

Also what does working in DC have to do with it?

What's with the at all (at all)?

Someone says something about a rule that should be in place and you bring up, "Well CNN says they are rock stars. What about that, huh?".

I'll take uncharismatic asshole that gets the job done over a charismatic waste of time any day.
    I was under the impression you had a point when you downplayed my mention of the media's treatment of him.

If I had said the liberally-biased media loves him for reasons which have naught to do with politics, you'd have downplayed that, too, because "everybody knows the only media bias is conservative", right?

As to your last, we are in complete agreement-I've said it before:

If being a "public servant" were more akin to jury duty, these pricks would be less concerned with getting re-elected and more concerned with getting the job done so they could get back home.

They ought to elect people by lottery, then drag them kicking and screaming to Washington.

My opinion.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yikes were do you two get the energy from ? j2k4 and Busyman as running mates , that would be fun .

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    That's an interesting application of "fun." I'm still waiting for an answer to my question though, since my curiousity didn't diminish with my sobriety.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast