Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent quicker than Newsgroups?

DISABLED PRIVS
    The reason why some scene releases aren't on usenet is because they are simply not requested in the IRC channels. Those are the main source of scene stuff on usenet, so if you can't find a release that you are looking for just request it. TV goes in either #alt.binaries.tvseries or #alt.binaries.multimedia on EFnet.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    kidquick
    Are THere any guiled or forums that help you learn IRC channels and how to use them to find scene releases. I here about this, but don't understand how to do it. THanks

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Well, I just tried Giganews for two days, and I think torrent sites are much more effective!

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fni0x View Post
    Well, I just tried Giganews for two days, and I think torrent sites are much more effective!
    why do you think that

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    duynghia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    My Usenet download speed reaches the maximum bandwidth throughput all the times
    BT is really fast only if there are numerous seeds and leeches

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    The Hitcher's Avatar I'm a cockney flower
    files may be released on torrents a shot time before usenet but with torrents being pretty slow most of the time and usenet maxing out my connection every time i would still get it on usenet faster than torrents.
    torrents is for the weird and wonderful stuff for me nothing else

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Bittorent my be quicker but the speed is superb than bittorrent in newsroups

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    I've used both and ended up sticking with BitTorrent, because it seems that all the unlimited bandwidth & no monthly limited downloads, on Usenet, were pay-only services... Is this true? I have an NNTP server but can only get 8 GB a month, and that's just not worth the time. With BT, I get a consistent 5-10GB a day. With no limits, except the amount being shared.

Usenet did have some great rapidshare.de-like speed and consistency, but again the limits sucked.

Another thing about Usenet and sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload. Is although for small individual RAR files they're great. I find that I can quickly waste a lot of time decompressing, finding passwords, and deleting the originals, etc... With BT, I get 90% files in non-RAR format so it saves a bunch of time too...

I wanted to use Usenet because everyone says you can find so much more in it, but I will be honest I didn't find much, though I only gave it a few days, because I hit my 8 GB limit that month....

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Well I use both usenet and BT however in answer to the question Usenet is by far quicker. The files are on Usenet often just as quick as BT. There are also different files on each so use it and abuse it. Keep an open mind.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    I usually see stuff getting posted to usenet faster than torrent sites. Just because your favourite indexing site hasn't indexed it yet doesnt mean its not there.
    Exactly manuelly look in the best groups and you'll find it either on same time as torrents or a few hours before BT trackers .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast