Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lounge Mod

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Chaps,

The point of the lounge is that if we have it then there is no excuse for spamming elsewhere and it helps keep the rest of the forum free from it.

I'm sure you'll agree that works and that those who don't want to post or read there simply don't have to. People visit the parts they want and ignore the parts they don't.

To my mind this works and it works well, so what's the problem.
    I agree, but it seems that peat moss wasn't so upset about spamming as he has about the bigotry and incessant flaming.

yo

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one . I was afraid to come back here ,thought I had lost what little resepct I had here on the forum, lounge included .

Reality explained to me the reasons and that's good enough for me . Sorry for caring or being a butt head , I'd ask for this thread to be closed but rather my posts to be shown warts and all . And yes the lounge should remain as it is .
    Mind sharing the conversation that RealitY and you shared? Seems it made you change your mind.

Basically it was as Jpaul posted and made me think their right . The mods can't be everywhere , the few hurtful posts were deleted along with the good ones as well so no one wins I guess .

I should of just reported the post instead of posting a rant in this thread , the fact Reality bothered to Pm me gave me a different outlook and I realized I was wrong . If the mods feel this should be closed , you have my blessing .

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    If there is any real bigotry then indeed it should be brought to the mods attention.

However sometimes these things can be down to a misunderstanding. We are a forum with people from all sorts of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. I think it's almost inevitable that misunderstanding will occur.

What makes the board fun, the diversity it offers, may also be one of it's weaknesses leading to these misunderstandings.

At the end of the day I'm just glad this situation got sorted out and that peat has decided to stay around. Common sense and sensitivity prevails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12