Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The USS Liberty incident

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Cheers, first time and all that. Did you see Nakamura's free kick at Paradise, fucking amazing. Tho' to be fair it wasn't really a free kick in the first place.
    I thought I was the only one who thought it wasn't a free kick, but what a record, the first Asian to score a goal in the Champions League, and he's done it twice, both free kicks, and both against United.

It would be a nightmare for your chaps to be knocked out by Benfica, wouldn't that be two years in a row. I can't see it happening tho'
    I can see it happening, Fergie has lost it as far as Europe is concerned, he even started the game against Celtic with the dreaded 4-5-1, with poor old Rooney running up and down the left wing wondering what the feck he was supposed to be doing, whilst one of the best left wingers in the world was in the centre.

To be honest I think Sir Alex would take it if he could win the premiership this season.
    So would I, without a second thought.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    lol yo, its not a diff spellin. its the short form of the same dam word. check your own definitons.

n jus 4 my own satisfaction. do u still call a subway a "tube" even if the tunnels square? i mean its a subterranean freeway, a straws a tube

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Not if we don't call it a freeway tho'

4. Lounge   -   #24
    lol its still a "way", like a path to sumwhere or a street(blah blah way). what do yall(its a conjunction, b4 you start on that) call a freeway neways? n what if its square or semicircle?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    They are two different words busybody, hence the two different spellings.

No shit. They are spelled differently. (and around we go)

No one else argued that they weren't.
    No-one else argued they were.

You made out as if there was huge a difference between the 2 words and there wasn't besides the spelling.
    I made out no such thing, I merely pointed out that we use the word Yank to describe Americans, we don't use the word Yankee.

Sure you did and went smartass on ram to make the distinction. You even said that the rest of planet used Yank and not Yankee. You are flat out WRONG. I merely pointed out that the only difference was the "ee".

Are aren't you the stupid one now?
    No, it's OK busybody, you're safe, no-one could out-stupid you.
    You just did.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-26-2006 at 08:44 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Oh we call it a subway here.

It's called The Tube in London.

I'm not interested either way. I really hate London.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    No shit. They are spelled differently.
    Which makes them DIFFERENT, knobhead.

Sure you did and went smartass on ram to make the distinction. You even said that the rest of planet used Yank and not Yankee. You are flat out WRONG. I merely pointed out that the only difference was the "ee".
    You mean the only difference was the spelling, two words, two different spellings, one we use to describe Americans, Yank, and one we don't use, Yankee. However stupid you may be, even you can see that, but, as usual, you'll swear black was blue to get out of the corner you so often find yourself in. (Where's Manker, he rips you apart with alarming regularity, he'd love this one?)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I really hate London.
    Me too, and I was born there. It's nowhere near the London I was brought up in.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    ITS THE SAME WORD and IT MEANS THE SAME THING..... since ur so smart please tell me the diff b/t the 2(n not just droppin of the "ee")

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Isn't Yankee what the people in the South used to call people in the North, a sort of civil war thing.

Then others shortened it to Yank, to mean anyone from the USA. That's what I always thought, for no particularly good reason.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast