Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less Hope For PC Gears of War

frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    I get the feeling that Microsoft is playing hide and seek with the PC version of Gears of War. Just last week, they were giving us more hope, and now they are taking it away with their usual rumour debunking statements that neither confirm, but utlimately neither do they categorically deny the existence of a PC version for Gears of War - the new king on the Xbox 360.

All they did, was to explain the mystery of the picture that appeared in PC Gamer, which included the Gears of War boxshot in "Games for Windows" format. From the pseudo-communique published on GamerscoreBlog (some Microsoft employees' blog), we learn that, indeed, the picture is as authentic as they get, and that it contains what looks like a Gears of War game for Windows. But it's actually a purely conceptual image, and the Gears of War cover was "accidentally" included among the Games for Windows titles, by some absent-minded artist (if you'll pardon the pleonasm).

Moreover, Microsoft categorically denies that this is "a confirmation, leak, tease, or sly viral attempt to announce, confirm, or admit that Gears of War will be published for Windows". How nice and clarifying that sounds, doesn't it? But if they refuse to admit it, it doesn't mean that the devs from Epic Games aren't cooking something...

In fact, after a lenghty explanation about how that photo ended up in PC Gamer, they end their argument with the following:

"We're incredibly excited about the success of Gears of War on Xbox 360, but we have nothing further to announce about Gears of War, or any other platforms it might come to, at this time.

Now stop rumor-mongering and get out there and start fragging some Locust!"
    I added the bolding. Draw your own conclusion!

----------
    I expect it'll materialize on pc - yea it will just before 360's GOW2!

Source: http://www.playfuls.com/news_8366_Le...rs_of_War.html
    Last edited by frizshizzle; 11-24-2006 at 10:55 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    They need to keep this game on the 360 until GOW2 comes out... and considering the ending in the original, I'd say we're in for a sequel.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    They won't say now because if the game is that popular people w ill buy the 360 just to play it...
    Maybe they'll release for PC once the game stops making them money on the 360, so they can make more money off it.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    momomax
    Thanxx amigos

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    they're raking it from those live subscriptions.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Hmm, not sure, guess i could go either way on that one too.
    Leep Out:

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I hope it does come out on PC, I'd like to try it.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    it just got depressing trying to see what was going on on my mates tiny tv while using joysticks to shoot but yeah, it could be pretty good on pc with features like blindfiring and the emphasis on using cover

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    oww i sure do hope it is released on pc

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    nizrulesall's Avatar SuFis Up!
    i dont think itll be released on pc anytime soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast