Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bittornet aint' for the layman hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenican View Post
    You guys aren't really helping him at all.

First of all, uTorrent is only on Windows. The best client for a Mac is Azureus.

Macs also don't have Alcohol or Nero or any of the other utilitiez you guys just named, or actually I guess WinRAR is on the mac. What your going to need from the first post is Azureus. Google it.

What your going to need to burn images as explained a couple posts after that is Toast or maybe some other inferrior Mac software. Actually there may be decent image burning applications for the mac I've just never seen any, especially if you start dabbling in console games and the like where DVD Decrypter and Alcohol are simply king. Nero is also very good for all sorts of burning.

Your best bet is to go get Azureus, then go to Demonoid.com and download Windows XP. THen go to Apples website and download "BootCamp". Then burn the Windows XP disc with Toast, install Bootcamp, reboot again and install Windows XP on a partition alongside 10.4.8.

Although that probably isn't going to be of the best help to you either, since working on OSX is about as easy as computers come - windows and dual booting isn't going to make your life any easier.

Any way, maybe if you try posting more specific questions we can be of better help
    Yep, people need to read what this guy said. He uses a Mac for crying out loud, uTorrent isn't for Mac.

You are right about using Bootcamp and Windows XP, but we don't know if he has an Intel Mac. If he has a PPC Mac, then people have to start suggesting programs for him in place of the popular XP programs like Daemon Tools and Nero.

I'm not a Mac user, but I know a few thins about them... not enough to know what programs to use though, so hopefully somebody else can help.

EDIT: Also, if you want to buy (or download via bittorrent for *free*) Parallels Desktop, it allows you to switch between XP and OSX instantly, so you don't have to restart the computer.
    more info: http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/
    Last edited by Joeymad; 12-05-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12