Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay to leech?

pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    neah...sct and scenetorrents are different sites
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post
    neah...sct and scenetorrents are different sites

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    the reason a lot of user donate is because they are greatfull for all the file's they get,if you dont want to donate to a site then dont ,you are not forced to donate,and i am all for wait time that a lot of private trackers have ,its called file sharing and new uses have to learn to seed their files and aslo it gives the torrents more leechers for a whlie longer ,so then my ratio goes up..:-P

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    i am all for wait time that a lot of private trackers have ,its called file sharing and new uses have to learn to seed their files

I think they are total bs. what about users who are already experienced and know how to seed? what really pisses me off is a site like filelist that won't even allow you to download the .torrent file and help seed with a fileset you've obtained from elsewhere. instead, you have to wait until the wait times are over, before you can start seeding on that torrent.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Pay to leech is a shame IMO. Seems like someone has forgotten what filesharing is all about..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzler View Post
    Does TL publish how much it costs to run the site, and how much they have received in donations??
    why would anyone do that? if you do see financial figures posted on sites, they're most likely falsified. if a site is taking in more money per month than the costs associated with running the site, do you actually think they're going to roll over the extra to pay for the next month's operating costs?

site owners will swear up and down that it doesn't happen, but take a moment to think of the reality of the situation.
    Some sites acctually do list it. I can name a few but wont due to the fact they forbid their names to be mentioned. As far as TL itself Im sure they spend quite a bit on seedboxes. Just dl any new files as soon as they are posted and the speeds are ussually more than descent for most people.

I for 1 can tell you I dont pocket the money on my site. If theres anything left over we do in fact roll it over to the next month. The sites which continually msg you about donating are the ones that people should worry about. I personally list the cost of my WEB server on my faq page in the donations section so everyone knows how much it costs. Whatever we get over that amount for the month goes into seedboxes. If we dont have extra we can easily cancel the seedboxes which arent a necessity to keep a site running.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    yea but what bout newsgroups, we pay for that. Some may follow suit of newsgroups and have it as a pay site and abolish ratios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12