Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bush the worse US President ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    By most measures, the economy is doing well: Inflation, interest rates, and unemployment are low, the stock market is higher than it's ever been and still climbing, economic growth is right with it also.
    This is so far out it's almost funny: from the highest surplus ever when he took over, to the highest deficit in history: the first president in history to preside over a reduction in the total number of jobs during his first term, from 132 million to 131 million, compared to Clinton's first term in which he added 11 million jobs.

The value of, and confidence in, the dollar is collapsing all over the world, and if OPEC decided to peg oil to the Euro, as some member states have recommended, the dollar would collapse completely. But never mind, I'm sure the undemocratic country China will prop you up for a good while yet, seeing as they practically own you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    There are predictions of the dollar going to $2 = £1 in the not too distant future.

The trilliions of them being spent on financing the ongoing wars can't be helping the economy very much.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    What a ridiculous thing to say, another example of the way you attack the player when you have no intelligent answer.

An attack?

Hardly.

I merely compare you to those who indiscriminately consume propaganda owing to mis-informed inclinations imbued by those who've indoctrinated them, a la the Hitler youth.

I guess I could call you a Kool-Aid drinker, if you prefer...

You haven't a single piece of rhetoric you can call your own; it all comes from the catalog of lib-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    You buy bullshit wholesale and eat most of it, while offering to share small lumps with others.
    From the king of bullshit, you've proved your gullibility from your total belief in WMD's to your refusal to admit your wonderful Reps have caused a civil war and mass instability in the Middle East.
    Whether or not the coalition found WMD or not, there is no denying Saddam had them, for we saw their effect on the Kurds, among others.

That you ignore this for your own convenience does not go un-noticed by others, I assure you.

As to the question of whose leaders have caused a civil war, I might promote the fact your own took a hand as well, since Bush might not have proceeded had he not found your government "willing".

Besides all that, "mass instability" is the normal state of affairs in the mideast.

BTW-

Do you remember (or did you ever know, given your political bent) that it was Jimmy Carter who urged Saddam to attack Iran, way back when?

I'm betting that's news to you, sunshine.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    There are predictions of the dollar going to $2 = £1 in the not too distant future.

The trilliions of them being spent on financing the ongoing wars can't be helping the economy very much.
    A truly startling amount of money, the sort of figures that are only available for waging wars, never for winning the peace.

Third World debt, Aids, child poverty, preventable deaths from common ailments, starvation ... etc.. The amount of money quoted to deal with these problems is minuscule compared with the money available to wage war.

The cost of the war in Iraq.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah ...
    If you can't answer the question, attack the messenger.

I take it by your obfuscation that you have no defence of Bush worth hearing, and that you believe him to be the second worse US President in history after Carter.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    worst

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    worst
    I agree, he's the worst.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Is Bush the worse US president you've ever had?

From a recent blog ...
    "He was a failed student, a failed military man, a failed businessman who drove several businesses into the ground. An ex-alcoholic and substance abuser."

This, from another site ..

1. Bush and his oligarchic companions sabotaged American democracy so they could pillage taxpayer resources.
    2. Bush and his cabal of henchmen lied to the American people about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, and they continue to obfuscate the truth while their companies cash in, Iraqis suffer and American soldiers die.
    3. Bush is bad for business and the economy. He is only interested in enriching himself and his friends.
    4. Bush is bad for the future. He is compromising the prosperity of tomorrow's America by shortchanging today's children.
    5. Bush is bad for the environment.
    6. The Bush Administration has manipulated the media to the point of undermining the Constitutional guarantees of a Free Press.
    7. Bush has tried to undermine the United Nations, a democratic institution created in large measure by Presidents Eisenhower and Truman. Without even understanding what the UN does, Bush has called it "irrelevant" when it fails to fall in line with his dictates.
    8. Bush is inarticulate and projects a stereotype abroad of Americans being ignorant and myopic.
    9. Bush torpedoes global agreements on everything from racism and global warming to biological weapons and land mines, and then expects the world to line up behind him.
    10. Bush took positive patriotism and global support in the wake of 9/11 and forced it behind his own narrow self-interest in Iraq. He hijacked 9/11 for his own benefit.
    11. Bush stands against everything America stands for.

Source

While I agree he is the worst President ever, I don't agree with all of the above.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-09-2006 at 08:01 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I really hate to dignify this thread with a legitimate response, but I guess I'll have to give vidcc something to comment on so he doesn't praise this as the Best Thread Ever.

There have been plenty of successes during the Bush administration:

Tax cuts.
    No child left behind
    Prescription drug plan
    Housing policies that have obviously expanded home ownership.

Any appraisal of Bush's record must consider that he took over in difficult times. By most measures, the economy is doing well: Inflation, interest rates, and unemployment are low, the stock market is higher than it's ever been and still climbing, economic growth is right with it also.

Bush has had the uneven trip of guiding the USA through the post 9/11 era, and the country has not seen an attack in over five years, though there have been many attempts.

A recent column I read put it well:
    I don't know how history will judge him. My guess is that, like most presidents, he will have a mixed record. We can debate policies and actions now, but honesty should force us to acknowledge that real judgments will have to wait.
    Housing policies that expanded home ownership?

No sir. Bush had shit all to do with that.

9/11 + recession = interest rate cut = buy a home now

Prices got jacked up due to higher demand because of the interest rate.

The housing market then became a stock market where people were just buying homes to flip them thus producing even more higher costing homes.

Now homes are higher than before and the interest rate is stabilizing. Those that did not have the money to get in initially are pretty much shut out now.

I don't attribute any of this to Bush.

You say there is this economic growth yet it doesn't translate to the average joe.

Company stock prices may go up but it could be due to job cuts, outsourcing to India, and so forth.

And dollar is shit comparing to the Euro and pound. Travelers abroad get sticker shock when they find sea bass at the Jules Verne Rstaurant is $78, a soda is $9, or dinner for 4 at a pizza place is $100.

Low personal savings, A BURSTING HOUSING BUBBLE, THE US DEFICIT, and indications of a recession are fucking up the dollar.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-09-2006 at 08:06 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Low personal savings, A BURSTING HOUSING BUBBLE, THE US DEFICIT, and indications of a recession of fucking up the dollar.
    No shit Sherlock

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast