Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Longhorn Reading

Poster
    FYI - XP users
    XP has some of this technology already in it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by MenderOne@16 May 2003 - 01:20
    Psssst EnJoi.........YOU'RE IP address is being seen this very minute. he he he not MINE
    What are you using to conceal yor IP?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@15 May 2003 - 20:20
    FYI - XP users
    XP has some of this technology already in it
    ... here we go again

apparently, it's not working very well

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    It's not bogus.
    I saw Bill himself on the news answering questions about it,
    and they were very vague and misleading.
    C'mon don't tell me your one of those blinded by the love of your microsoft products.
    That fucking company is trying to make shure you use thier products and if you scan your network or any network for that matter you will SEE.
    So you see they can and will do whatever they want and you have almost no choice but to accept it because Gates makes shure there is'nt any competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    man, this is starting to remind me of all the bogus mpaa letters a couple weeks back
    what a bunch of shit 
    Agreed - people get very paranoid when it comes to Microsoft. I'm not saying evrything in Longhorn sounds like a good thing, but if there is some sort of DMCA thing in the OS then to be honest you've got to have expected it. If Microsoft didn't do it someone else would have.

And every OS, software, whatever has bugs in. If they weren't released until every single possible bug had been worked out we would never get any new software.

The end of freeware, it being illegal to mke software thats compatible with other file types, the death of the internet within a year, is paranoia as far as I'm concerned, and I don't think anything like that will be the case.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    i think ima make a os of my self simaler to windows with my programing team the good thing about it is all

the games and programs that only work on windows will work on mine soo be happy if i make a beta ill

share it on kazaa
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    The end of freeware, it being illegal to mke software thats compatible with other file types, the death of the internet within a year, is paranoia as far as I'm concerned, and I don't think anything like that will be the case.
    Of course not. Microsoft would instantly get sued, and this time they would be split in at least two parts. MS has no right telling people what software they can use, at least if the software was obtained legally. And I don't think they can play cop either.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I Personally encountered this technology in XP! , I had a burned music cd, with .cda extensions on it, I right clicked on the music CD and selected a file on it and selected copy , then went into a folder on my hard drive, and tried to copy it to the hard drive, I got some message from the OS about copyrighted or unauthorized yadda yadda ,then i sent the error report to Microsoft, a day later , I received an update , guess what? After I installed the update , it copied it, when i tried to load it with mediaplayer, it didn't let me, EVER since then, I havn't been able to open these types of files, and when I put an original music cd in it , XP crashes, even after a reboot, if that cd or a music cd is still inside the cd drive it crashes, only when I remove the cd, will xp operate correctly........Now ....I wonder why?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    I read that post again and think this is a big part of the beginning of what will eventually become a one world goverment.
    I know your gonna say I'm paranoid and this is probably not the place to make this kind of comment.
    But I believe the book of revelation.
    If you believe it too then one must also believe that the computer will play a big role.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast