Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Security of Private Trackers.

they don't interest in end user, they are trying to catch admins etc...
    take it easy...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    shikotee's Avatar Of Crazy Mind
    Does anyone know how effective IPfilters are? I just set one up for my uTorrent usage...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The best way to go if you are unsure about safety is newsgroups. It is impossible to get caught using it. If you stick to a certain provider or even use free ones i still don't think getting caught is possible. However if you go out and shout out in the city centre NEWSGROUPS ROCK AND THEN YOU HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE OF GETTING BUSTED.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't know exactly how effective IP filters are, but I enable mine just in case. I use the regular version from openmedia.info. It's basically the same thing as the BlueFilter one (<- dunno if it's actually called bluefilter ... just Blue-something ...), but the server's faster for me to download it. It updates about once a month, and it blocks a number of IPs for me, even from very private trackers. Even if it's not that effective, I like the placebo effect.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    The blue something i think you are referring to is Bluetack

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    every tracker is not fully secure

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    I know of one private tracker that does not keep any records of ip`s but trying to get into it is another story. Not sure how many if any other sites do this.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by safa View Post
    I know of one private tracker that does not keep any records of ip`s but trying to get into it is another story. Not sure how many if any other sites do this.
    Some sites require you to donate and become VIP so no IP is recorded.... talk about a nice way of making some greens.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    get Wireless internet. since you are using someone elses connection its there IP showing not yours.
    (I know its fucked up but hey!)

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    As of now, the RIAA is still mainly just focused on P2P client users, not BitTorrent, based on what i read. But with the evolution of BitTorrent becoming the most used and easiest to get full albums for music, the correct files (a lot of fake files on p2p clients), and scene rips minutes after they leak to the internet they will probably become more internested in catching BitTorrent users. With some of this sites, they are as close as most of us will ever be to a topsite (you know, the FTP dump sites that the scene uses). If they want to, they can easily get on a private BitTorrent site though. Most people are careless with invites and will invite anyone who seems like they aren't a noob but I wouldn't be worried yet. And, once/if they try taking
    over BitTorrent, people will move on to the next big thing. It's an endless fight for them that they can't win (cause they aren't attacking the source, The Warez Scene)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12