Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Download Fast

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    --Why does it say that I am not connectable? (And why should I care?)

The tracker has determined that you are firewalled or NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.

This means that other peers in the swarm will be unable to connect to you, only you to them. Even worse, if two peers are both in this state they will not be able to connect at all. This has obviously a detrimental effect on the overall speed.

The way to solve the problem involves opening the ports used for incoming connections (the same range you defined in your client) on the firewall and/or configuring your NAT server to use a basic form of NAT for that range instead of NAPT (the actual process differs widely between different router models. Check your router documentation and/or support forum. You will also find lots of information on the subject at PortForward.com).--

In other words visit portforward.com select your router model and program your using (azureus) and it will guide you through the process to open your ports and make yourself 'connectable'

Unless your ISP bans bittorrent (very rare) don't worry about enabling encryption. If your ISP definately does throttle or ban bittorrent, let me know.

Make sure utorrent is allowed in your firewall etc. because if working properly it is the most popular and far superior client.

welcome to the world of fast bittorrent downloads.
    enjoy.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by AshkenAZoNi View Post
    first of all thanx.

switchtrey1. Make yourself 'connectable'
    2. Use Private Trackers
    3. Use Utorrent

e.g. a file with say 100 seeders and 3 leechers will dl at 1MB/s+ if this criteria is met.

thanx I will use this.
    But I think Utorrent doesnt download work for me. weird.
    I mean, Azureus starts downloading almost immediatley and utorrent seems to take his time.

also, could u specify about being connectable?
    thanx.
    and also about inferior cables - Ive got it - LOL
    my max is 200KBS - I might be able to upgrade it to 260KBS or so..

another thing, where exactly should i enable encryption?

lastly, thanx for the 80% upload tip..

More is welcomed ofcourse...

cya.
    thanx.
    because then people who force it can connect to you and speeds increase. theres also a sticky about it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    how about getting a Cable speed connection?
    Last edited by ClassRoomHero; 01-13-2007 at 05:19 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    OK for learning on how to get connectable you need to tell us your router/modem model # and hopefully Portforward.com will have a guide on how to set forward your ports and set up Utorrent.

Utorrent is the best client and uses fewest resources.

Link-http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12