Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minidisc Player

removed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    sorry bout that http://www.minidisct.com/forum/index.php here you go, there should be a sticky thread by Dino, and has a lot of hits.

Heres the link to the alternative method:
    http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showthread....=&threadid=4825

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    removed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    patience lol??? where does that come in?

This method is much better than OpenMG, but it does require you to get Simple Burner if you don't have it already (it didnt come with the UK MD releases, but i think it did with the US ones).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    I have a sony minidisc 505 thingy, USB port the works just like ur 707 but mines the 505

Minidiscs cannot play mp3/wma/wav or any other medium. They have ATRAC and ATRAC3 these are the formats the minidisc uses.

When it says it can play these other file types what it actually does, the openMG thingy converts them into other files with another extension, it asks u if u wish to convert ur media library into this format, other wise it has to convert them on the fly and u end up gettin 2 copys of the file one origenal and the other wierd format with lower quality. Now u cant go deleting this new file because of the Gate technology that sony employs, which they have allowed u to have 4 copys of any one song or track, 3 u can take off the hdd and the other 1 is left on ur hdd, u cant take out any more, its a check in check out system.

you eventually end up with dbl copys of all ur music, and if u do decide to convert them , yes it means speeding up the transfer of the files to minidisc but then you lose the compatability since mp3 and wavs are universal then wma.

correct me if ur 707 differs to my 505

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    all NetMD minidisc players works by converting to atrac format before transferring. You can only check out the same song 3 times using OpenMG, but using the alternative method u can skip this. Also it doesnt leave the converted copies on your computer, so its neater.

2 Xanex : arent you part of that site i mentioned? your name sounds familiar.

PS: I have a MZ-N1 tough nut it is.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    nope first time ive ever been to that site. must be a coeinkydink

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    my bad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12