Thread: Proper File Naming

I like files where you actually have some info before you download it. Just thought I might post this and see if anybody else does this or hopefully maybe will start doing this or something like it to help people. Just for an example I'll tell you how I have my X Men United files (the two part one from ESO both around 150MB). So here's how I name the first one-

X-Men.2.SUBBED.TS-ESOTERiC.1of2

Now this is how I do all my files, makes it easy to figure out what it is, for example it was a X Men Reloaded from centropy verion no subtitles and a CAM then it would be this

Matrix.2.CAM-Centropy.1of1

Now back the the X-Men 1 of 2 file. This is what I would have in the description INSTEAD of something that morons will put like:

I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS THE REAL FEAL. NOT FAKE!!!! NOTHING FAKE ABOUT THIS!!! MY FRIEND DUDE MADE IT HIMSELF!!! SHARE GODDAMNIT!!!!

I would have this-

Movie: X-Men United
    File Type: TeleSync Movie
    Maker: ESOTERiC
    Codec: mp43
    Total Files: 2
    This File: 1 of 2

Now with the way I have my files you can figure out the specs of it easily. Just wondered if I was the only one like this....

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    I think you are the only one. Haven't seen any with that much info.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by XSpikeX@16 May 2003 - 21:05
    Just for an example I'll tell you how I have my X Men United files (the two part one from ESO both around 150MB). So here's how I name the first one-

Yes, this would work in theory, except your copy of Xmen is a re-encode. When ESO ripped it, it was in VCD format, two disks, each about 700mb. Your copy has been re-encoded for a smaller filesize, similar to TMD movies. If you name them like that, people won't know the difference. Best just to leave the filenames exactly as they are, to promote faster filesharing.

When the person re-encoded the movie for smaller filesize, he should have changed the tag info at that time.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by Jibbler+17 May 2003 - 01:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 17 May 2003 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--XSpikeX@16 May 2003 - 21:05
    Just for an example I&#39;ll tell you how I have my X Men United files (the two part one from ESO both around 150MB). So here&#39;s how I name the first one-

Yes, this would work in theory, except your copy of Xmen is a re-encode. When ESO ripped it, it was in VCD format, two disks, each about 700mb. Your copy has been re-encoded for a smaller filesize, similar to TMD movies. If you name them like that, people won&#39;t know the difference. Best just to leave the filenames exactly as they are, to promote faster filesharing.

When the person re-encoded the movie for smaller filesize, he should have changed the tag info at that time. [/b][/quote]
    Umm, that&#39;s pretty much the EXACT same name that I downloaded. I just chose to make that my standard file name "template" because it&#39;s good and tells you what it is.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I might also add I can change the file name IN KAZAA (which is what I&#39;m talking about) to whatever I want and it&#39;ll still show up in the same list as before.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by XSpikeX@17 May 2003 - 01:05
    Now this is how I do all my files, makes it easy to figure out what it is, for example it was a X Men Reloaded from centropy verion no subtitles and a CAM then it would be this

Matrix.2.CAM-Centropy.1of1
    Duh..... what is X Men Reloaded? And why would you want to call it Matrix 2?

Confusing

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I meant Matrix Reloaded.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    OK, that makes sense - as much as anything does at 03:55. Time for sleep, I don&#39;t want to wake up at my keyboard again&#33;