Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ...full of mentals

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    It really is a bit mental.

If it's about filesharing, which it is, then why do you need all these accounts. I download anything I want, as quickly as I want. I upload at full speed whenever the PC is on, which is pretty much all of the time.

It gets to the stage where it's not about filesharing, it's about having accounts. Reminds me of the GMail thing, remember everyone going mental about that. Then we started giving them away ... for nothing

Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable with the size of my penis (small to medium) and have had full sex several times, but I just don't see the point.

Oh and it breaks the rules on a large number of private trackers, which kind of reduces my sympathy factor.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    heres my opinion of bit torrent private sites.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

why ratio? mostly the new members get asked ( via PM from staff) to increase their ratio (do it or face a warning/ban whatever)

this method tries to make the user feel small/bad - they increase ratio ( maybe because they want to stay a member) - that makes them feel better and they get used to using the site (or they just get kicked out eventually for not following the rules), they enjoy being part of a community post in the forums, make friends in the IRC and Donate to the site or sites they like using the most.

keeping a good ratio is'nt hard to do, enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday, i like them both but im not obsessed with either of them...but i am obsessed with torrents and posting nonsense in forums not so much IRC, IRC is ghey.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-27-2006 at 02:12 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post

why ratio? mostly the new members get asked ( via PM from staff) to increase their ratio (do it or face a warning/ban whatever)

this method tries to make the user feel small/bad - they increase ratio ( maybe because they want to stay a member) - that makes them feel better and they get used to using the site (or they just get kicked out eventually for not following the rules), they enjoy being part of a community post in the forums, make friends in the IRC and Donate to the site or sites they like using the most.

keeping a good ratio is'nt hard to do, enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday, i like them both but im not obsessed with either of them...but i am obsessed with torrents and posting nonsense in forums not so much IRC, IRC is ghey.
    Not one word.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    ratio

5. Lounge   -   #15
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday
    Not really. One is talking in the pub with your mates, the other is trying to get a VIP pass for every night club in town for just yourself.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

trading invites is a security risk. look at the history of BT sites. public sites die so much faster than private sites, simply because if an invite system is used properly it's harder to pin specifics on a host.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    enjoying trading bit torrent invites is just a sad as enjoying posting in forums about nonsense everyday
    Not really. One is talking in the pub with your mates, the other is trying to get a VIP pass for every night club in town for just yourself.
    not all invite traders are keeping the invites or accounts for themselves as in the bubblegum card trading example thingy

Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    trading invites is a security risk. look at the history of BT sites. public sites die so much faster than private sites, simply because if an invite system is used properly it's harder to pin specifics on a host.
    you are right it is a securty risk, but opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet for various reasons *cough* Donate here *cough* is also a security risk, no system is 100% fool proof, you always will have invite/account trading, i just accept it and carry on, if the site wants to stop it happening then they can if they want to. its a toss up between having lots of invites available, and having a strict no-invites available rule, both ways have pros and cons.

i wouldnt feel so sorry for the private site owner, they are in the torrent game and everyone involved is playing their own part even the scamers and traders. do we need interned police or something? what would be a good way to combat the evil cheating invite trading scum?
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-27-2006 at 02:53 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #18

you are right it is a securty risk, but opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet for various reasons *cough* Donate here *cough* is also a security risk.
    Increasing traffic to your forum by having a section devoted to trading invites to independent trackers is just the same as "opening up your private site to every tom dick or harry on the internet". Except it's not your private site to open up, but you do it anyhow to get more hits for ads.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I have never donated to a BT tracker, private or public. It does not prevent me from using them, participating in filesharing with people who have similar tastes to mine.

I object to others trading invites to these sites as it raises the likelihood that they will be closed, or that their members / owners will be prosecuted for filesharing. With the only reason being that people want to have loads of accounts.

It's just selfish, pointless madness.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Speaking of which, I got a Torrentleech account that I was after recently but they didn't have the file I wanted after all. If anyone wants the account, is someone I know and doesn't mind having the username "Withcheese" then they can have the account. Just post you interest in this thread.

At the moment it is a completely fresh account, nothing downloaded, nothing uploaded.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast