Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ...full of mentals

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I have never donated to a BT tracker, private or public. It does not prevent me from using them, participating in filesharing with people who have similar tastes to mine.

I object to others trading invites to these sites as it raises the likelihood that they will be closed, or that their members / owners will be prosecuted for filesharing. With the only reason being that people want to have loads of accounts.

It's just selfish, pointless madness.
    a bit like life it's selfish pointless madness i spose

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    You could use it to scam someone in the BT invite section. You could probably get a pony, or a small car for that.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bitto...-traded-143470

i made this thread but it wasnt very popular at the time due to FST being full of invite trading scum.

i agree that trading invites could be bad for the small private sites, but its also very useful for the sites that are'nt doing to well, that need a popularity boost.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-27-2006 at 03:05 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    I have never donated to a BT tracker, private or public. It does not prevent me from using them, participating in filesharing with people who have similar tastes to mine.

I object to others trading invites to these sites as it raises the likelihood that they will be closed, or that their members / owners will be prosecuted for filesharing. With the only reason being that people want to have loads of accounts.

It's just selfish, pointless madness.
    Speak for yourself, my life is nothing like that.

Point in question. A mate of mine gave me two guitars as he knew I wanted to teach my daughter and having two the same (but one 3/4 size) would make it easier. He wouldn't even have considered taking anything for it.

That's what life's about mate. Friends dong stuff for each other, no questions or thought of reward.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp

i made this thread but it wasnt very popular at the time due to FST being full of invite trading scum.

i agree that trading invites could be bad for the small private sites, but its also very useful for the sites that are'nt doing to well, that need a popularity boost.
    Then it should be up to the tracker. If a private tracker forbids trading invites on a public forum then we should, in all good conscience, stop any public trading of those invites on this forum.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    It's ironic when people doing it get all sniffy when they get scammed.

Then threaten to tell the board they are abusing, even tho' they themselves know they will get their other account disabled.

Poor you.

7. Lounge   -   #27

Point in question. A mate of mine gave me two guitars as he knew I wanted to teach my daughter and having two the same (but one 3/4 size) would make it easier. He wouldn't even have considered taking anything for it.

That's what life's about mate. Friends dong stuff for each other, no questions or thought of reward.
    but if those guitars were invites, would you have thought, wait a minute... whats the catch? ive given away plenty of free guitars before to friends ive met on FST, and they say to me "whats the catch" it's very hard to explain to them that there is no catch - so i usually except an invite in return.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post

Then it should be up to the tracker. If a private tracker forbids trading invites on a public forum then we should, in all good conscience, stop any public trading of those invites on this forum.
    yes and it makes the invite/account worth a lot more to the traders and some users still find ways around it.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post

yes and it makes the invite/account worth a lot more to the traders and some users still find ways around it.
    So really, this board should shut down the invites section for the good of the torrenting community.

10. Lounge   -   #30

but if those guitars were invites, would you have thought, wait a minute... whats the catch? ive given away plenty of free guitars before to friends ive met on FST, and they say to me "whats the catch" it's very hard to explain to them that there is no catch - so i usually except an invite in return.
    If they were friends they wouldn't say "what's the catch" they would know there wasn't one. That's kind of the point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast