View Poll Results: Newsgroups and You

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Went to NG and dumped it after a month because you missed Bittorrent.

9 20.00%
  • Went to NG and liked it but still use both.

15 33.33%
  • Use NG and forget everything else.

6 13.33%
  • You are such a big Bittorent fanatic that you will never go NG.

15 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever tried newsgroups...if yes how was your experience!!!

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Voted for ''Went to NG and dumped it after a month because you missed Bittorrent. '' but in reality i dumped it after a day because my isp's news server sucks. If you pay for a decent news server heard its a really good choice but for me, bt 4 life

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    been using NG for a long time and it is great but I don't limit myself to any one scene, it's all or nothing. FTP, NG, torrent, IRC bots, Fserve, and a few other places

Picked up a killer 200 gigabyte MP3 collection all originally released scene MP3 with original sfv, m3u, nfo and dir structure intact

Like most places your plagued with repacks because lame asses seem to like ripping apart original images get them corrupted waste some more time repacking them ending up with bigger than you had before archive pfft
    at least original scene stuff you can always fix them if you end up with 1 or more bad files at any time. Not with home rpack your screwed beings that needle is to small to find in the net hay pile!! no one wants them other than those who don't have a clue.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The only thing that i would consider better than BT is axx to a FTP ring where you can dl all the scene you want although stuff like that is hard to come by and usually costs.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Newsgroups were so much more confusing and I was missing bits all over the place. I just got a bit frustrated with having to keep such an eye on it - although that might have been the client I was using. BT is so much easier.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    At the expense of sounding like a noob, dont u hav to pay to download in newsgroups?
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    At the expense of sounding like a noob, dont u hav to pay to download in newsgroups?
    Yes but there was this one Newsgroup provider that gave free access to server for all december.

They taken it off now. You can use your ISP newsgroup server but they tend to be bad. There are some free ones roaming on net but they cap you at low DL speeds. Best is to pay for access.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post

Yes but there was this one Newsgroup provider that gave free access to server for all december.

They taken it off now. You can use your ISP newsgroup server but they tend to be bad. There are some free ones roaming on net but they cap you at low DL speeds. Best is to pay for access.
    oh ok. thanks for info But ill stick with BT for now.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    I used that december provider for a while but nothing i saw made me wanna pay for access, i couldnt find much old stuff and some of the new stuff i grabbed had parts missing when it finally finished. Plus it was slower than the 0 day site i use, although that might jsut be because of the extra strain the server was under during the free month?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Tried them once and didn't care for it, mainly because I didn't understand how they work.Tried it again about a week later, read some tutorial on it and now I find it awesome.
    My ISP allows me access but not all that great though, but good enough for about 7 days retention, any holes in their service are easily filled with some other free ones. I keep pretty good tabs as to what is being posted where and the 7 days retention is more than enough for my needs.
    I still use Torrents for the exclusive stuff.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    jasonwayne
    ive used BT, Edonkey, the lot newsgroups is the only place i get 1200kbs all day all night (thats my max like) no queing no stoping it just says 1201kbs constant was lucky to get 100kbs-200kbs with BT and the Donkey

once you go newsgroups and understand it you never go back

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast