Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations To Us, The Opinionated

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Another compelling suggestion I will offer up on behalf of my esteemed colleague Clocker:

"THE SANDBOX"
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 May 2003 - 22:17
    Another compelling suggestion I will offer up on behalf of my esteemed colleague Clocker:

"THE SANDBOX"
    Good idea, but I fear that if we name it that all the cats from the lounge threads will come in and shit.

In honor of you, j2, we could call it The Conservatory" but there may be too much baggage attached...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by clocker+19 May 2003 - 23:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 19 May 2003 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@19 May 2003 - 22:17

&nbsp; "THE SANDBOX"
    Good idea, but I fear that if we name it that all the cats from the lounge threads will come in and shit.

In honor of you, j2, we could call it The Conservatory" but there may be too much baggage attached... [/b][/quote]
    Too too true......
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    good idea. maybe make posts count to

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by kAb@20 May 2003 - 15:23
    Perhaps....

Make the posts count negatively. For every post in the New World you subtract from your count. That would eliminate those who are only interested in inflating their count and ultimately lead to a new standard of cool. Big post counts would become beourgouis and declasse. The truely hip would have negative numbers.

And of course, you would have to wear black...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    That would have the opposite effect, sadly. Once people started seeing the negative numbers as the "new cool," they&#39;d start spamming in here to fit in. The Lounge II, if you will.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+20 May 2003 - 23:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 20 May 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@20 May 2003 - 15:23
    Perhaps....

Make the posts count negatively. For every post in the New World you subtract from your count. That would eliminate those who are only interested in inflating their count and ultimately lead to a new standard of cool. Big post counts would become beourgouis and declasse. The truely hip would have negative numbers.

And of course, you would have to wear black... [/b][/quote]
    Thats a very good idea&#33;
    I was thinking that these posts should count as well,but by essentially charging someone to post here,I think it just might keep them away....nonono
    wait a minute&#33;
    Have you seen the post totals of some of those lounge lizards?

-200 I like that&#33; B)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker+20 May 2003 - 17:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 20 May 2003 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kAb@20 May 2003 - 15:23
    Perhaps....

And of course, you would have to wear black... [/b][/quote]
    Are you suggesting a &#39;Goth&#39; theme, to attract the youngsters?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    A little &#39;thankyou&#39; to Hobbes for his anti-mysoginistic stance on the proposed new &#39;room&#39;, although I bristle at being &#39;allowed&#39; a special pass, much like the &#39;honorary&#39; member title for ladies within many a golf club.

Clearly, there are less women on the board than men meaning that as a percentage of participation, I and my other occasional female contributors may actually be providing input at the same frequency as the men.

I am unsure of the figures, but there are approximately 10 regular contributors to the banter.

If I am the most regular female (no proof here though) and represent roughly 10% of the posters here, and the total board membership consists of approximately 10% women (again no evidence) then the ratio is about even.

This means that there is no need for a &#39;guest&#39; membership for me.

Might I suggest &#39;Semantic Banters&#39; as a name?

or perhaps,

&#39;Dialectic Discourse&#39;

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by sara5564@20 May 2003 - 23:00
    A little &#39;thankyou&#39; to Hobbes for his anti-mysoginistic stance on the proposed new &#39;room&#39;, although I bristle at being &#39;allowed&#39; a special pass, much like the &#39;honorary&#39; member title for ladies within many a golf club.

Clearly, there are less women on the board than men meaning that as a percentage of participation, I and my other occasional female contributors may actually be providing input at the same frequency as the men.

I am unsure of the figures, but there are approximately 10 regular contributors to the banter.

If I am the most regular female (no proof here though) and represent roughly 10% of the posters here, and the total board membership consists of approximately 10% women (again no evidence) then the ratio is about even.

This means that there is no need for a &#39;guest&#39; membership for me.

Might I suggest &#39;Semantic Banters&#39; as a name?

or perhaps,

&#39;Dialectic Discourse&#39;
    Sara-
    At this time, I feel it only proper to importune you please, please, pretty please come out and play?

I know I speak for all (the guys) here as I beseech you to come roll &#39;round in the mud with us?

It&#39;s really good mud-

Have you ever been &#39;beseeched&#39; before?

I&#39;d be interested in your reaction to a really good beseeching-if this isn&#39;t your first, how does this one measure up?

Do you like to be beseeched by one, or would you prefer to be gang-beseeched?

Seriously (my favorite way), though-

There are no &#39;Hootie Johnsons&#39; here, and this ain&#39;t Augusta-but it is the Masters.

Would you join us?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast