Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Kermit ...

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Agreed.
    However, I believe something so complex as the universe had to be started by something intelligent and this has nothing to do with a particular religion.

I think it's the only logical conclusion.

I rather believe an intelligent being always was than dirt, gases, and polypeptides, always was.
    If something created what we know of the universe, then it must be more complex than it. You rather believe that something more complex than the universe exists because the universe is too complex to exist on its own.

How very logical.

Btw, the word "universe" means "everything, everywhere" so by very definition, your 'creator' is encompassed by it.

So did your 'creator' create itself. That's a clever trick.
    I believe the creator created itself (or always was) rather than dirt created itself.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If something created what we know of the universe, then it must be more complex than it. You rather believe that something more complex than the universe exists because the universe is too complex to exist on its own.

How very logical.

Btw, the word "universe" means "everything, everywhere" so by very definition, your 'creator' is encompassed by it.

I believe the creator created itself (or always was) rather than dirt created itself.
    What was it before it created itself?
    Last edited by bigboab; 01-10-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: correcting an error
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

What was it when it before it created itself?
    The creator, of course.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi

How very logical.

Are you using some 1337 sp34k version of the word 'logical'.

Even today, dirt and rocks are created all of the time by chemical reactions combined with heat and pressure. I guess there were chemical reactions, heat and pressure at the inception of the universe. I'm okay with calling that 'the big bang'.

There were probably a lot of dirt and rocks created back then - most likely no deities, however.

If you're not religious, why make the inception of the universe even more complicated than it already is.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

What was it when it before it created itself?
    The creator, of course.
    So now you've got something that's not only more complicated than the universe, but also more complicated than the entity that created the universe.

You consider the universe too complicated to exist without an intelligent force, so you've now created in your head two entities that are even more complicated to explain its existence.

Way to go.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

The creator, of course.
    So now you've got something that's not only more complicated than the universe, but also more complicated than the entity that created the universe.

You consider the universe too complicated to exist without an intelligent force, so you've now created in your head two entities that are even more complicated to explain its existence.

Way to go.
    ....and I don't consider dirt sentient.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27

Even today, dirt and rocks are created all of the time by chemical reactions combined with heat and pressure. I guess there were chemical reactions, heat and pressure at the inception of the universe. I'm okay with calling that 'the big bang'.

There were probably a lot of dirt and rocks created back then - most likely no deities, however.

If you're not religious, why make the inception of the universe even more complicated than it already is.
    Too me it really isn't. Past believing there is an ultimate creator and I can't go past that.

However, believing the Big Bang just happened with no conscious effort behind it is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-10-2007 at 08:31 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi

Way to go.
    So we can discount dirt from being this infinitely-complex entity that you think created the creator that made the universe.

Excellent

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29

So we can discount dirt from being this infinitely-complex entity that you think created the creator that made the universe.

Excellent
    as you can discount the Big Bang doing the same.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi

Too me it really isn't. Past believing there is an ultimate creator and I can't go past that.

However, believing the Big Bang just happened with no conscious effort behind it is ludicrous.
    Ludicrous is thinking up something more complex to explain an event which you consider too complicated to have just happened - and then calling it logical.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast