Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Kermit ...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    Moronic.

Were you trying to say anything with that, or what?
    Think about it (try to think about the "delusional" banter

EDit: you do know I find your religion silly because I don't hold any beliefs, and I find it stupid that you think you don't, right?
    my religion????

I think I don't hold any beliefs????

I hold the belief that there is no god. I hold no supernatural beliefs.

I object to religious groups trying to force me to live my life by their doctrines (which have nothing to do with the existence of god)

You hold no beliefs....other than the belief that things cannot be known It's a belief nonetheless.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    EDit: @ Dave:

Not really, seeing as how I don't believe in God either.

And this because there's no proof that he exists.

Until there is proof that there is one, or isn't, you people, atheists and religious people alike, are all the same to me, in a sense.

And I've got my own ideas about probability. As I've said, I don't think that the improbability you base your ideas on exists.

The reason I find atheism silly is because it's just as based on beliefs, and might well be just as improbable as you think that the other option is, only we don't know enough to tell, yet.

@Vid, fair enough, then I disagree with your beliefs. I think it's a sign of you having a closed mind.

Oh, and I don't hold any beliefs (in this matter), I know for a fact that nothing can be proven.

EDitII: believing that there is no god is still a belief regarding the metaphysical, sorry, no go. Same point of reference, just a different angle.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-13-2007 at 12:23 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73

How can you say then that you don't believe in god and then say it's unknowable ?

You could only say "I don't know if god exists", not that you don't believe.

@Vid, fair enough, then I disagree with your beliefs. I think it's a sign of you having a closed mind.
    everyone has a closed mind...including you

Oh, and I don't hold any beliefs, I know for a fact that nothing can be proven.
    yes you do, I have emboldened your belief, you appear to have a closed mind on this fact.
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-13-2007 at 12:23 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    Prove that the existence of God, or lack thereof can be proven, at this point in time, then.

I know you can't. I know no one can, and I know that's a fact.
    Also, knowing that there is a possibility that something exists, and also that it might not, does not constitute a belief in one of the other.

You, on the other hand, appears to have discounted the possibility that there is a God, without sufficient proof. And the fact that you won't acknowledge the possibility implies, to me, that you do have a closed mind, which in my reckoning, shouldn't be applicable to someone who hasn't fixed a notion (wrt the supernatural) in their minds, like wot you have.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75

EDitII: believing that there is no god is still a belief regarding the metaphysical, sorry, no go. Same point of reference, just a different angle.
    Ok I don't believe in the supernatural, I do not believe in god.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Prove that the existence of God, or lack thereof can be proven, at this point in time, then.

Also, knowing that there is a possibility that something exists, and also that it might not, does not constitute a belief in one of the other.

You, on the other hand, appears to have discounted the possibility that there is a God, without sufficient proof. And the fact that you won't acknowledge the possibility implies, to me, that you do have a closed mind, which in my reckoning, shouldn't be applicable to someone who hasn't fixed a notion (wrt the supernatural) in their minds, like wot you have.
    Ok your belief is that god cannot be proven or unproven This is you belief system.

You can't say you don't believe in god and still say he could exist, you can only say you don't know. You could say you favour one possibility over the other.

There is an invisible alien from mars that we can't hear or detect behind you. It's gathering fuel for it's spaceship, in this case the flakes of skin that all humans shed.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Ok I don't believe in the supernatural, I do not believe in god.
    However you rephrase that, it's still the same.

"I don't believe", pretty much means the same thing as "I believe"

You something about the nature of reality, and others believe another, and none of you have proof. Which is my point.

Why not just wait and see, why form a belief now?

If I die not knowing, I don't mind

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Why not just wait and see, why form a belief now?

If I die not knowing, I don't mind
    So do you believe in god or not?

sounds like you made a choice to me
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-13-2007 at 12:51 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79

Ok your belief is that god cannot be proven or unproven This is you belief system.

You can't say you don't believe in god and still say he could exist, you can only say you don't know. You could say you favour one possibility over the other.
    What you can't seem to understand is that it's possible to know that something can't be proven on the basis of empirical data.

No one has disproven or proven the existence of God up until now (as far as I know, however, I may be wrong), therefore it is, at this point in time not knowable (yes).

And in addition, it is well known that all isn't known about the nature of reality.

It is however not unknowable period, therefore I abstain from making a judgement in either direction, until it is proven.

This is a knowledge based on facts. And not a belief, which wouldn't be.

There is an invisible alien from mars that we can't hear or detect behind you. It's gathering fuel for it's spaceship, in this case the flakes of skin that all humans shed.
    Maybe in a parallel universe, and the existence or non-existence of that can't be proven either. Sounds eminently silly, tho', and the odds are most likely a lot worse for it, seeing as how it's very specific

EDit: and I really have no preference either way.

Maybe I'd prefer if there was a God, and a horn of plenty, and all manner of awesome stuff, but it doesn't mean that I favour one belief over the other. I know it can't be proven, and therefore I don't believe know that I can't know if either possibility is true, which is not the same thing as knowing that it exists.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-13-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: fuck, making myself confused

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    So do you believe in god or not?

sounds like you made a choice to me
    Poor choice of words then, I'da thunk you knew what I meant.

However: I know the possibility exists, but I don't know that's it's true or false.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast