Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Firewall do you think is the best?

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    will windows firewall take over or will u be firewallless until u turn zone alarm back on?
    You have to manually control Windows Firewall for the most part. If it's already on then its on, but if its off its off. It doesn't automatically click in.

Is that what you're asking?

Also, a side note: If WinXP Security Center is active it should notify you that there is no active firewall, AV, etc. by a balloon tip in the systray thus giving you the option to tick WinXP SP2 firewall on. I have this disabled cause I moniter my own shyt, so...
    lol, what i'm asking is... if u install zone alarm it will override windows' firewall. zone alarm is now ur firewall and windows' turned off. if u tempararily turn za off will windows' firewall kick back in? or are u now firewallless?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    You have to manually control Windows Firewall for the most part. If it's already on then its on, but if its off its off. It doesn't automatically click in.

Is that what you're asking?

Also, a side note: If WinXP Security Center is active it should notify you that there is no active firewall, AV, etc. by a balloon tip in the systray thus giving you the option to tick WinXP SP2 firewall on. I have this disabled cause I moniter my own shyt, so...
    lol, what i'm asking is... if u install zone alarm it will override windows' firewall. zone alarm is now ur firewall and windows' turned off. if u tempararily turn za off will windows' firewall kick back in? or are u now firewallless?
    You will be without firewall.

Windows firewall would have to be turned back on manually.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ok, cool. seems like to much trouble to me. reason for the question is za works GREAT, but i ALWAYS seem to have problems with it with online gaming. seems to disrupt my latency (actually more so with just CSS overall. maybe steam just don't like za?). maybe za7 fixes this. also, zapro was even worse than the free version with my problem.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    ocanica's Avatar Ninja Pirate BT Rep: +1
    I you're a real control freak get Sygate. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with Vista and i don't think it will be anytime soon cuz of the take-over; (damn you Symantec!!).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    huh? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I tried many firewalls and always returned to my good old ZONEALARM PRO. It's easy to configure and got very good ratings for security (in many test/comparsions). And that's all I need.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    ZeD_FileZ's Avatar File Addict
    [quote=Virtualbody1234;1676062]

Windows firewall would have to be turned back on manually.

I find the windows POS kicks itself in whenever it wants! I disable it and its off a few days and when I look again it pops its ugly little head out!!! errr should scap that useless thing from windows as it just takes up space!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Zone Alarm Security Suite 6.5 has a great firewall, i have yet to have a problem with it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    ZoneAlarm was OK for a bit... but McAfee uses less resources on my system.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    slau's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I use zone alarm and never had problems

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Uk-T BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I used Zonealarm but now I use Kasperky Internet Security, it has both Firewall and Antivirus.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast