Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: About Invites Section

Quote Originally Posted by astarow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I think it's a bad idea because it further makes what invites are worth too literal. I think the current requirements are good enough. 1 month is plenty to wait, and 20 posts are a good balance between spamming and not being active enough.
    1 month restriction for low level is too much imho.

if my sugestion is accepted we can have:
    low level (not exactly lvl 2 2.5 ... can be also level 3 ... ) with let's say 1 week wait time and a minimum number of posts

hi level where there is no spam, no spies, no cheaters with minimum 1 mo wait time, good posts (no exact number specified), good ratio's, etc.
    Think your saying that those with access to both tiers could make any level trades in either section. Though would those having access to just the lower tier be allowed to do the same or be limited to certain level trades untill they gain access to the new tier. If either group can make any trades then its just an upper tier and has little to do with what levels are traded. Just trying to get how your suggesting this...

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I think its a good idea on paper, but in reality it makes people take invite value to literally and nobody needs that.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    I think its a good idea on paper, but in reality it makes people take invite value to literally and nobody needs that.
    Think you might be right and would most likely be messy...

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm not really suggesting anything new. I'm just disagreeing with the first suggestion.

Maybe there could actually be a flagging system where each user can individually assign colored flags to appear next to members' usernames if they meet requirements that the individual has assigned. This can help members easily pick out whether they want to trade with the person for sites that are rated so and so. So that it's not a predefined system; it's only an aid to help each user.

/edit: yeah, I think what Kavalchuk17 just said is what I was trying to convey.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    I dont agree with creating more levels of acess than the ones already in place. It just becomes too elitist. Too restrictive. And after a while, i think everybody knows who's trustworthy and who's here with a non-constructive mind set. I dont see the need to create more barriers, other than the one month, x number of posts to acess this section.

Its not the number of posts that measures users worth. And who (and how) decides what posts are spam or what posts are useful? Is somebody going to count the number of words in a post, to determine its relevance?

The whole tracker layering is subjective by definition. Scaling its acess is the same as making it "official". And having a few members being able to trade in all sections, and the others limited to the "minor" ones, just doesnt look fair to me. Creates advantages to some. But hey, its not my site.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Shit, you lot can't agree exactly what some trackers are worth, anyway!
    I've seen lotsa "xxx tracker isn't really worth 4 more like 3.5" type posts here.

If you change it, I'm not policing it; modding the BT sections alone sucks too much of my spare time as it is.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Too right. Read my above post about flagging, please.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    how do u gain stars?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by nikmash232 View Post
    how do u gain stars?
    with number of posts..

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    jounior's Avatar offline for exam BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    we can add new item called power of the reply
    (how its good and usefull not just spam)

i see it on many forums

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast