Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ThePlace.BZ Dead?

kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You seem like an awesome SysOp.

Your probably the most helpful one ive ever seen while ive been in these forums.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I found the problem: My ISP in Spain can't just go in. I have ask like several friends around Spain using the same ISP and noone can just enter ThePlace.bz. Don't know if theplace.bz have just banned one with same ISP (because "Telefonica" that is how its called the ISP, uses a proxy with same IP for everyone but different inside IPs due to the proxy). I also found that another friend that used another ISP with cable (instead of DSL) he could go in, so I expect TPZ is still online...

I had like a 5 ratio, (~100gb uploaded, Power User), never used another tracker (since now that I had to find replacement ones), and went regularly in the site to check torrents and even post in the forums... there was no reason to ban me so there was the problem: ISP problems.

If any SysOp/Admin read this check if you have banned the whole rima-TDE ISP so all spanish using Telefonica can get back. I will ask my provider if there is any problem with DSLAM, but think that it doesnt have anything to do with...

Regards

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLouen View Post
    I found the problem: My ISP in Spain can't just go in. I have ask like several friends around Spain using the same ISP and noone can just enter ThePlace.bz. Don't know if theplace.bz have just banned one with same ISP (because "Telefonica" that is how its called the ISP, uses a proxy with same IP for everyone but different inside IPs due to the proxy). I also found that another friend that used another ISP with cable (instead of DSL) he could go in, so I expect TPZ is still online...

I had like a 5 ratio, (~100gb uploaded, Power User), never used another tracker (since now that I had to find replacement ones), and went regularly in the site to check torrents and even post in the forums... there was no reason to ban me so there was the problem: ISP problems.

If any SysOp/Admin read this check if you have banned the whole rima-TDE ISP so all spanish using Telefonica can get back. I will ask my provider if there is any problem with DSLAM, but think that it doesnt have anything to do with...

Regards
    actually u got disabled and ip range banned.. i m sure u know y so no point in discussing this further.. we base our dicisions on facts always, so we have proof it was u that broke the only rule we really care about (apart from cheating)

in light of this, i wouldnt even bother trying.... u ll just waste ur time.. sry

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesmer123 View Post
    Hi KOneWOne
    Thanks for your help it is much appreciated. If I could ask one more favor, could you please try and join the irc because whenever I try to connect to the irc that wont work for me either. I just don't know what is going on. I really love theplace.bz and would be very sorry to never be able to get in again.
    Any help is very much appreciated.
    Thanks Again.
    Mesmer.
    aol browsers are banned, try using a diff brower and u should be fine... ur account is fine from where i see it....

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    You seem like an awesome SysOp.

Your probably the most helpful one ive ever seen while ive been in these forums.
    thnxs, unlike many staff members, i dont consider myself above the level of my users but equal... every decesion we make in tp/tv is based on what the users want as a whole primaraly and what we think is best for the site... the site is run by democracy since it belongs to the users in the first place.. their the ones that started it and the ones that make tp/tv what it is... not us nor our torrents - our role is simply to ensure that our rules arent broken, the site runs smoothly code-wise and hardware-wise, that the managing of the funds is done properly (distributing it for server costs and buying new products for the site) and that there is respect and trust amongst our members... this is our mentality and how we choose to operate..

most trackers these days do it for the $ or cause the sysop has a powertrip cause prob he was bullied when he was a kid... we have no such insecurities as staff members and are doing this cause we think that our members lives are actually improving from being members to our community, and to be part of something like that, well thats just a feeling that no word can fully describe to u... the most torrent sites usually manage to do, is either establish themseves as THE place to get a specific genre of data (movies, games , music, etc) or as a top site with fights on who gets what first... the problem with that mentality is that everything is oriented around the material (ie the torrents) that the site can offer. for us.. its about improving the quality and lifestyle of the ppl involved with us, and in that process we as staff gain as well... the ppl come first, then the torrents... offcoures the irony is that logically, ud think that once a member manages to reach the level he wants to be in either seduction (tp) or business (tv) they d abandon the site.. but actually what is happening is tha the veteran users in turn help the newer members walk through their issues... i believe that in the members head, it will always remain as smt important in their lives rather than just another torrent site that u get movies or music from... which i guess explains why ppl actually stick around even when they dont need us anymore..
    Last edited by Jaits; 01-25-2007 at 12:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaits View Post
    actually u got disabled and ip range banned.. i m sure u know y so no point in discussing this further.. we base our dicisions on facts always, so we have proof it was u that broke the only rule we really care about (apart from cheating)

in light of this, i wouldnt even bother trying.... u ll just waste ur time.. sry
    Which was the reason of the ban? I forgot to say I also donated to the server, and I knew all the rules and didn't break any of them. This seems so strange I cannot find any reason, I would like to have one to at least don't repeat it in other trackers in the future

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Im on the same situation, im from spain and ive been searching on inet about theplace, i think that was dead but now i see that is an ip ban to the biggest internet provider in spain with literally millions of ip's with that range.

Im a donator, ive got about 1.2 share ratio and for one stupid cheater you ban all the provider and noncheater people we cant see more the page? What a joke
    Last edited by kersh; 01-27-2007 at 08:54 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kersh View Post
    Im on the same situation, im from spain and ive been searching on inet about theplace, i think that was dead but now i see that is an ip ban to the biggest internet provider in spain with literally millions of ip's with that range.

Im a donator, ive got about 1.2 share ratio and for one stupid cheater you ban all the provider and noncheater people we cant see more the page? What a joke
    ur account isnt disabled... i dont deal with ip bans.. u should go to irc and spk to tld about it... he usually is very carefull with range bans and makes sure the min ppl are affected by them.. if u cant connect search for cgi irc and use that one to get in...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    great, thanks for the info, i will go to irc =)

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I search across google for a cgi irc with custom server and i dont find any, anyone know one?
    Last edited by kersh; 01-27-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast