Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: :lol:

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

2. Lounge   -   #102
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    There have been several references/quotes to this thread, but no one seems to want to see the important one:

Requests or offers MUST be done in the BitTorrent Invites Section.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to you JP, callum, or any of the others. We've all been here long enough to know.

On the other hand, what you did was so petty and minuscule, I can't believe you were given a warning for it - just silly, really.

What makes the invite rules so special that they need to be enforced no matter how minor the infraction, yet there are plenty of rules here which are never enforced?

yo

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Skizo, old bean.

I've made this clear on loads of occasions. I think inviting people you don't actually know to a private tracker is wrong. I don't do it, so why would I be aware of the rule in the "invite section". There may be specific rules in Gameworld as well, I don't know because I don't go there. I may have broken a Gameworld rule in the Lounge as well, I simply don't know.

As a general rule I post here mostly and sometimes in the drawing room. I do occasionally wander elsewhere, but that's once in a blue moon.

What happened was, I was posting pish about stuff I was stealing. A mate asked me what something was and expressed interest in it. I told him that I could give him an invite to the appropriate tracker and that we could do that by PM. It was hardly trading invites, in the spirit of the rules.

Someone decided to jump on the letter of said law and reported me for said infringement. I thought the warning was laughable, so I said so. Then the taunting started. Go figure.

I didn't identify which team member I was dealing with because I saw no reason to. However when people jumped to conclusions I stated that it wasn't lynx. They probably jumped to those conclusions because of lynx's own posts, I couldn't possibly comment. If you actually read the thread I never even implied that it was him. In fact the only person I jokingly implied it had been was MN.

As far as I'm concerned the chap who did warn me and I have dealt with the situation by PM. If other team members want to use the situation to have a pop at me, that's a matter for them. Like I always say, my posts and their's are all there to read. Those which don't disappear, obviousement.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    ...why would I be aware of the rule in the "invite section". There may be specific rules in Gameworld as well, I don't know because I don't go there. I may have broken a Gameworld rule in the Lounge as well, I simply don't know.
    Exactly.
    If they don't want people offering specific individuals who also never use the invite section, ever, they should make it a rule in the board rules.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #105
    I don't want to switch the tellybox on incase i see the fight results from last night before I manage to find a torrent of it.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Skizo, old bean.

I've made this clear on loads of occasions. I think inviting people you don't actually know to a private tracker is wrong. I don't do it, so why would I be aware of the rule in the "invite section". There may be specific rules in Gameworld as well, I don't know because I don't go there. I may have broken a Gameworld rule in the Lounge as well, I simply don't know.

As a general rule I post here mostly and sometimes in the drawing room. I do occasionally wander elsewhere, but that's once in a blue moon.

What happened was, I was posting pish about stuff I was stealing. A mate asked me what something was and expressed interest in it. I told him that I could give him an invite to the appropriate tracker and that we could do that by PM. It was hardly trading invites, in the spirit of the rules.

Someone decided to jump on the letter of said law and reported me for said infringement. I thought the warning was laughable, so I said so. Then the taunting started. Go figure.

I didn't identify which team member I was dealing with because I saw no reason to. However when people jumped to conclusions I stated that it wasn't lynx. They probably jumped to those conclusions because of lynx's own posts, I couldn't possibly comment. If you actually read the thread I never even implied that it was him. In fact the only person I jokingly implied it had been was MN.

As far as I'm concerned the chap who did warn me and I have dealt with the situation by PM. If other team members want to use the situation to have a pop at me, that's a matter for them. Like I always say, my posts and their's are all there to read. Those which don't disappear, obviousement.
    You didn't need to give the entire story, I read the entire thread before posting.

No matter, sometimes these threads are needed once in a while. Gets some of the feelings out.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    I don't want to switch the tellybox on incase i see the fight results from last night before I manage to find a torrent of it.
    As soon as i went downstairs I got told the result by me ma's boyfriend

8. Lounge   -   #108
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think it's great that each and every time lynx has an extended conversation with someone - whether it be in the drawing room, lounge or EATB - he comes out of it looking like a petty minded tit.

It's also fantastic that in this thread, lynx threatens and threatens and threatens - and JP is like 'Go on then, ban me' - but when it comes to the crunch, someone with more people skills (most likely tesco) told him that he can't ban JP.

Fade to scene of lynx, sitting alone in a darkened room, absolutely crushed because his tiny bit of interweb power has been cruelly snatched away by a 17 year old lad from Canadia.

Why can't things like this happen when I'm not in the pub so I can laugh at lynx in real time
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    manker's Avatar effendi
    As soon as i went downstairs I got told the result by me ma's boyfriend
    That'll teach you for leaving the attic without permission.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I think it's great that each and every time lynx has an extended conversation with someone - whether it be in the drawing room, lounge or EATB - he comes out of it looking like a petty minded tit.

It's also fantastic that in this thread, lynx threatens and threatens and threatens - and JP is like 'Go on then, ban me' - but when it comes to the crunch, someone with more people skills (most likely tesco) told him that he can't ban JP.

Fade to scene of lynx, sitting alone in a darkened room, absolutely crushed because his tiny bit of interweb power has been cruelly snatched away by a 17 year old lad from Canadia.

Why can't things like this happen when I'm not in the pub so I can laugh at lynx in real time
    That'll teach you for leaving the forum without permission.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast