Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: What invites are worth (Improvements and suggestions Thread)

Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Reputation doesn't mean a thing.. Servernet had +23.. Where is he now?? I don't disagree that you answer to all your pms and that you help a lot of people, maybe it's true and that's good, but it's completely irrelevant with the discussion here..
    First of all, I don't think Crossfade attacked you neither me not anyone... You are the first who called me lame and as you see I didn't answer to that.. We are *supposed* to have a mature discussion here .. Of course you might be offended by the fact that me and I don't know if anyone else agrees say that you and Buggyme have used somewhat certain sites via their numbered rarity to gain.. I know I gonna be flamed now but that's my opinion ... Also, it's not that I'm calling you anything bad, in the end everyone here is to trade and everyone tries to get the best trade he can... But I think you both should be more *objective* to your rankings... A lot of times people have told why that site is there up or down or anything, and usually your thread is updated without any explanation... That of course is more for Buggyme not you...
    As for the fact that you can have any tracker you want the same day, I don't disagree, you might, but if you do, why are you still trading then so much??

ps. Geen sorry if you think I was offensive.. But still I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking in that post...

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #152
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.B View Post
    in my opinion trackers should be rated by relase time and down speed(number of seeders per torrent),

al the rest is secondary.

I dont care if a tracker is hard to get in , or if it has 100000 torrents.

all I want is to have fast releases and fast download speeds.

I just got my ands on iplay and WB, and I found myself thinking, why on earth are these rated level 3 and 4.

1 or 2 seedrs per torent. very few torrents. down speed not good.

is this the concept of a level 4tracker???

from what i've seen, TL is by far the best tracker on the scene.

TB is great also, but torrents die too young there.
    We have now anew ranking system as u can see,one for raity and the other for

content+speed+pre-times

so for example revolt is rated 4 in rarity but in the [] it's rated 1

TL is 2 in rarity because it's given for free but in [] it's 4.5 and it has beaten alot of highest rare rated trackers

so that's why we have two rankings now and along with reviews and corey's thread then i think u can choose now the trackers that u need
    Last edited by Patriot foreve; 02-02-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: some spelling mistakes ;)

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #153
    Power User BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    haha my idea
    i feel smart (not happening a lot) lol

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #154
    S.L.B's Avatar Cona Lover BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    We have now anew ranking system as u can see,one for raity and the other for

content+speed+pre-times

so for example revolt is rated 4 in rarity but in the [] it's rated 1

TL is 2 in rarity because it's given for free but in [] it's 4.5 and it has beaten alot of highest rare rated trackers

so that's why we have two rankings now and along with reviews and corey's thread then i think u can choose now the trackers that u need
    i still think that rarity is nonsense.

I can open up a new tracker an only give 1000 acc, does that makes it a good tracker.

It sure makes it rare but that doesn't mean good.

the rarity should be conceded only to trackers that have atleast 4 in two of the other values.

example:

WB

raririty 4
    content 3
    spedd 2

in this case the rariry shouldn't be in favor of the tracker.

I guess i make myself undestand , besides my bad english

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #155
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

I can open up a new tracker an only give 1000 acc, does that makes it a good tracker.

the rarity should be conceded only to trackers that have atleast 4 in two of the other values.

example:

WB

raririty 4
    content 3
    spedd 2

your english is fine and i think you're totally right
    rating trackers with crappy content for rarity is pointless as most people (there are always exceptions) want a tracker for its content and not just to have and conserve it
    so rarity should not compensate for the content, i think only tracker that are actually wanted by people, should also be rated on rarity (or better: scarcity or abundance)
    revolt, for instance, should not be on the list - it's barely a tracker

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    First of all, I don't think Crossfade attacked you neither me not anyone... You are the first who called me lame and as you see I didn't answer to that.. We are *supposed* to have a mature discussion here .. Of course you might be offended by the fact that me and I don't know if anyone else agrees say that you and Buggyme have used somewhat certain sites via their numbered rarity to gain.. I know I gonna be flamed now but that's my opinion ... Also, it's not that I'm calling you anything bad, in the end everyone here is to trade and everyone tries to get the best trade he can... But I think you both should be more *objective* to your rankings... A lot of times people have told why that site is there up or down or anything, and usually your thread is updated without any explanation... That of course is more for Buggyme not you...
    well,u accussed us of using the thread for our purposes,do u think that i should and thank u for your offensive and wrong accussions ?

The Trackers are edited in the thread depending on demand,supply and members opinions,so i think if u looked in the sticky thread well u should see guys asking for trackers that should be upped or should be lowered and depending on the majority of opinions we edit the thread

if u suggest that we should make alog for editing the trackers then i think this is agood idea and i think u could have said that in abetter way instead of that offensive way

i don't know what u mean by objective as agreat numbers of members here find the thread fine and if there is aproblem in any ranking we are very pleased to see your opinion about it in the sticky thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    As for the fact that you can have any tracker you want the same day, I don't disagree, you might, but if you do, why are you still trading then so much??
    also i don't need to answer that question about my tradings but here is your answer,i am still trading for some reasons

1)i am trying now to lower the no of trackers that i use

2)There are lot of great members who have helped me when i first came here and for some resons they didn't get some trackers so i try to help those who helped me

3)I have alot of Friends who doesn't spend so much time in FST as i do or not members in FST so they trust me with their accs and their trades and i do some trades on behalf of them

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #157

example:

WB

raririty 4
    content 3
    spedd 2

That's why we have two rankings,reviews,Corey's Thread

if u open atracker with 5 torrents and 10 members then u may be a 5 in rarity but have u seen me giving u another 5 in content+speed+pre-times?

no i will just give u only a 1 in the other ranking and that's how u can figure what trackers that u would need ,it's not just about rarity now because the new edition of the thread have both rankings and along with reviews,Corey's Thread i think it's helpful

If u were refering that we should remove trackers from the list,i think there are plenty of members here who are fine with the current available trackers and they also wanted new trackers to be added and u can see that i have asked if members think that we should remove some trackers and i think almost all members who replied said that it's fine and we should add more and that's what 's going to happen as we are going to have avote on the new trackers that should be added to the list

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #158
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Maybe this discussion should end, because it's going in circles and the same people are just not getting it.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516