Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    out of curiousty skizo who is your provider. generally people seem to like to try their isps's first which tends to put alot of people off after there first attempt.
    RoadRunner

yo

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    I've been downloading binaries from newsgroups since 1996, and long ago I learned to combine my ISP server with free news servers so I don't have to pay for a premium news provider, but recently I found several private trackers for bittorrent that have much more varied content than I've ever seen in newsgroups or even eMule. So now I'm learning more about bt and using newsgroups less. I've used bt before, but because of the dazzling variety of content now available on those new trackers, I feel like I've advanced a major step up from just using newsgroups. The speed sucks but for content that is so rare, it's either bt or overseas mail order.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaman View Post
    I've been downloading binaries from newsgroups since 1996, and long ago I learned to combine my ISP server with free news servers so I don't have to pay for a premium news provider, but recently I found several private trackers for bittorrent that have much more varied content than I've ever seen in newsgroups or even eMule. So now I'm learning more about bt and using newsgroups less. I've used bt before, but because of the dazzling variety of content now available on those new trackers, I feel like I've advanced a major step up from just using newsgroups. The speed sucks but for content that is so rare, it's either bt or overseas mail order.
    I agree but requesting material on usenet is a way of getting around that problem. Using Usenet, Bittorrent and eMule co-operatively is the most powerful option imo.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Holy shit! I was just downloading at 966kb/s!

I didn't even think that was possible with my connection.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    The first months with usenet is heaven.... until you get used to it and have to buy 2 HD's a months

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    The first months with usenet is heaven.... until you get used to it and have to buy 2 HD's a months
    I haven't started paying for anything yet. I've just downloaded a few NZB's from here at FST.

TBH, I don't even know how to do anything else.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I haven't started paying for anything yet. I've just downloaded a few NZB's from here at FST.

TBH, I don't even know how to do anything else.
    I meant 2 hard drives each month because of disk space

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I meant 2 hard drives each month because of disk space
    I know.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    You mean you don't know how to do anything else apart from using NZB files from here?

Maybe a stupid question but I'm tired.... been playing Test Drive Unlimited all night.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You mean you don't know how to do anything else apart from using NZB files from here?

Maybe a stupid question but I'm tired.... been playing Test Drive Unlimited all night.
    Correct. As you'll see in the first post, I just learned how to do that a couple days ago. Haven't had time experiment yet.

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast