Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: horizontal lines on games

popwar's Avatar Popwar
    but i dont understand. i played my x1300 card on my old system before i upgraded and it ran excellent with no lines. it still runs excellent just lines now they go away after a while of playing

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    lowering res down to 800 x 600 did fix my line problem.. it shouldnt have a problem. if its sumtn with my computer then it should have done it before with my old intel celeron 1.1ghz system

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    To fix the booting problem look for a setting in your BIOS to disable onboard video completely, then the computer will use the added vid card as your default monitor.

As you have it now you've only told windows (the software) to use the new vid card as your default video card, not the hardware.
    AFAIK if you were to reinstall windows (including the setup), use dos, or do anything else outside of windows you'd need to use the onboard video or else you won't see anything.

For the lines, it could be just a setting problem or could be that the video card is overheating and causing 'artifacts'. I'm trying to find you a good explanation about what artifacts are but can't find anything and can't really explain it myself.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i know what artifacts are. but video card shouldnt over heat its not even a month old and has a decent heatsink/fan

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    i know what artifacts are. but video card shouldnt over heat its not even a month old and has a decent heatsink/fan
    If your case doesn't have proper ventilation then the heat from your video card, cpu, hard drives, etc. stays inside the case.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i do it has two circle spots where big fans would go. the spots have holes so it can ''breathe''

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I get this issue playing bf 2142, but only when i am in a walker or when i zoom in with the tank guns. Im not sure what the best refresh to use is. Could this issue also be a monitor thing? I have a standard crt monitor. I have a radeon x1650 pro 512ddr and 3gb ram. I tried messing about with refresh rates but cant seem to make it go away.

ya think that lowering the res in the game to 800x600 would help? That sux, I like the 1024x768
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 02-20-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12