Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pretimes

Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    Very interesting, thanks r0uJe.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    [PRE] Scene4ccess.org.Uploader.Leaking.Releases.To.Tracker.Fast.After.Pre.READNFO-SCENENOTiCE

I wonder why they're just after SCC

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    it's just spam by SCC admins to garner more attention to their site. again, the above was add-pre'd by SCC ppl trying to get attention to their site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Didn't think about that, I guess you must be right.
    But then it should be nuked

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    it is nuked. it contains IP of their former SiteOp and uploaders. they did that so other ppl would take a look at their site and see what the fuss is all about.

good strategy if you ask me...

EDIT: [ NUKE ] - [ S********** org Uploader Leaking Releases To Tracker Fast After Pre READNFO SCENENOTiCE ] - [ pre.spam ]

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I just said that cause it was unnuked afterwards, but your reply makes sense
    anyway I don't know anything about it, I'm just lurking on some pre chans

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    [VIP_PRE] S**********.org.Uploader.Leaking.Releases.To.Tracker.Fast.After.Pre.READNFO-SCENENOTiCE[UNNUKED:no.spam]

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Aha, this was interesting.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    in case anyone's interested, the whole thing can be downloaded here (SCC SceneNotice), btw...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by r0uJe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Most sites pre DB must be out of date or getting the releases info sent to it a few minutes after the real pre time. You couldnt even post a img pack release in less than a minute between sending it to the server and posting the file.
    as a former FT.N uploader, ALL TV uploads are done via a Gbit box using a script. i'll give an example from a release a few months ago so they'll have a hard time (if not impossible) trying to determine who i am:

9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] NEW RELEASE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR
    9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] SFV: -TV- Got SFV for Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR uploaded / . Now expecting 10 rar file(s).
    9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] UPDATE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR got its first rar file / at 1.23MB/s. Now expecting 190.7MB.
    9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] HALFWAY: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR is in halfway (uploaded 95MB so far) and leader / leader is leading the race all alone at 4.65MB/s. Estimated time left: 32s.
    9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] COMPLETE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR with 10 files (175MB) was completed in 36s (avg. 6.14MB/s) by hidden / hidden.

the release in this example is Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR. as soon as it gets pre'd (FTN has another Gbit server funded by staff and some uploaders where it has serious affiliates!), it gets transferred to their other Gbit box where it gets uploaded. now, from server1 to server2, a script/bot is being used. from server2 to the FTN tracker, another script is being used.

in the above example, from affiliate to server1, it took only 36seconds for a 190MB file. then, it'll only take about 10-15seconds for it to get transferred to server2 since the two boxes are on the same network. after that, the script from server2 takes over and uploads it on FTN and the resulting pre-time from pre to site is:

9:09p (@FTN-BOT) -- [ TV/XviD ] - Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR was uploaded 1m, 4s after pre. --

1minute and 4seconds!

so, to recap, the keys are:

* scripts
    * very very VERY fast boxes on the same network

P.S. MelvinMeow, your nick sounds familiar... TPG?
    Yes im on TPG

And im acctually on the same gigbit network with a few boxes, I also use similiar scripts to send the files to my servers. I just dont have a script to auto upload the files to the site for me, that would be a nice script to get my hands on.
    P.S. I know how ft* get theirs files I used to be a uploader and even supply others there up until last year (June 06) the same time one of my friends stepped down (former ghostly sysop if you catch my drift). Do a websearch on google if you need more info as to why we both stepped down

P.S.S. The SCC notice everyone keeps mentioning is nothing more than a scam. They were in fact trying to make it look like their site was getting attention when really its not.
    If you recall last year and the year before when sceners were going after torrent sites they were going after a few differant sites at a time. They ussually dont release nfos lately with information about them cause they found out it was just advertising for sites like SCT when they were really trying to scare the uploaders and users off the site... it was just bringing in more lmao
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 02-11-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast