Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Some Share

BANNED
    Im sick of this we all complain about people that don't shre it we wanna cut them ok how about this someone who does share 8gig worth of files ok and all those files a fake, why should he be able to upload of u???? yet we will cut some poor person who may have a clen new drive with nothing on it ready

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Something needs to be done! am not saying my idea is the right way to go about it but the network is crippled!!! how can we tackle these problems???

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@26 May 2003 - 07:30
    Something needs to be done! am not saying my idea is the right way to go about it but the network is crippled!!! how can we tackle these problems???
    Great! Finally. I have been saying this for a long time now. We need to look for solutions. Lets do it.

First thing is we need to do is remove the '[ ] Diasable sharing of files with other users' option.
    Then we need to make an app that scans uploaders to detect leeches. Then block that IP. (an app that works properly)
    (I know some people will bitch about the fact that the privacy patch users will get cut. This issue was brought to the attention of the developers when the made that patch. I suggested that it block the list but at least show something like "This user is sharing (x) files. The developers would not listen.)

We then need to have a positve image on the dicussing board about this issue. When visitors or members view the board now and see that the general attitude is "It's not important to share", they start doing the same. If we can all start to reply "Sharing is an improtant responsabillity, and the nerwork depends on it", then maybe people will follow the idea and share.

Im sick of this we all complain about people that don't shre it we wanna cut them ok how about this someone who does share 8gig worth of files ok and all those files a fake, why should he be able to upload of u???? yet we will cut some poor person who may have a clen new drive with nothing on it ready
    This general attitude shows that "I might share if I can download it first."
    Where to you think all these files come from? Someone had to "pack" them or "rip" them and add those files to the network.
    What would be wrong with a new user with a "clean" drive adding at least 1 new file to his shared folder before he uses it?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    BANNED
    This general attitude shows that "I might share if I can download it first."
    Where to you think all these files come from? Someone had to "pack" them or "rip" them and add those files to the network.
    What would be wrong with a new user with a "clean" drive adding at least 1 new file to his shared folder before he uses it?
    It mught be a newbie who doen't know how to rip any file I happen to have riped 630 mp3 of my own so don't tell me I might not share and I am on 56k and always leave my u/p going even though it slows the shit out my connection I don't care I like the spread the REAL files around just stop winging about leeches and worry about ourselves

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    Are you really trying to say that a new 56k user has no files to add?
    Not a picture, text file, music, his own creation...etc. Nothing?

Wow! That's real sharing. NOT.

Just think about it. If each user would add 1 file. Wow that's millions of files.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    BANNED
    yes That is right but who would want to dl something like that??

I'm not saying people shoudn;t share i'm just saying don't worry about it coz it doesnt effect me I get the files I want and am quite happy to share what I get and rip. but what I'm not happy with is people who share fakes

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    removing the hide shared files option would be terrible
    and dangerous
    i've had more troubles with corupt and incorrect files
    i've always shared and always tryed to hide my file list - so you wanna cut me out
    i rip loads of audio too so it's input sharing rather than adding sources ususally

good notion bad idea

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED
    They actully aready tryed to remove that option in build 2 but to many leechers complainded and they brought it back

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    How can we "tackle these problems" if we don't work together?
    removing the hide shared files option would be terrible
    and dangerous
    I never said remove the 'hide shared files" option.
    I said "the '[ ] Diasable sharing of files with other users' option."

But the "hide shared files" option need to be fixed to have a search result show "User is sharing (x) number files" but no list.

They actully aready tryed to remove that option in build 2 but to many leechers complainded and they brought it back
    Why are we listening to those leeches???

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    The only thing we can do at the moment is cancel people up loading from us who arnt sharing!! i know this isnt the long term answer to the problem because some people are sharing with the privacy patch but this is the only way we can fight back at the moment, i feel bad for the people i cut off who are sharing but on tell kazza bring something out so we know whos doing what everyone must cancel people who appear not to be sharing its the only answer at the moment, if anyone has any better ideas lets hear them???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast