Thread: Usenetserver Now Has 90 Days Retention

Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:41:53 GMT
    Today we have increased our retention to 90 days. You can call this phase 2.5 of our retention upgrade plan. On March 1st, we will complete the upgrades and have over 100 days of retention and cheap.

GigaNews already has had 100 days retention but not cheap.

I hope GigaNews will fight back by increasing retention to 120 or even higher.

GigaNews is extremely reliable, I don't know how good UNS is?

Source http://usenetserver.com/
    Last edited by stephenchow; 02-12-2007 at 01:16 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Ain't usenetserver only at phase 1.5 or 2 and plan on increasing there retention more?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Probably, but I doubt Giganews will sit still and let usenetserver increase their retention without Giganews increasing theirs.

I like it! It is a win-win situation for me. I have Giganews and more retention is always a better thing.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Curlz31's Avatar UN > BT
    Usenet Server and Giganews are emerging as the primary competitors for the usenet market. Neither will want the other to get a leg up by any significant margin. This is good news for consumers but bad news for the other providers being left behind. The other smaller providers will have to invest more money, increase their retention and lower their prices if they want to stop their customers switching to GN or UNS.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I canceled my newshosting account today. It will run out on the fourteen at which time I will switch over using the link on this site.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewolf View Post
    the link on this site.
    Thanks for supporting the site and for others our refferal link is...
    http://www.usenetserver.com/?agent=filesharingtalk

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Anyone using EU usenet servers gettting slow speeds and connection losses, or is it just me today? Seemed fine yesterday but today is crapola!