Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista/Office 2007

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    what is the best version of office 2007? do u have to have matching office to vista progs? ie: vista enterprise/office enterprise? or can u have something like vista ultimate/office enterprise? are there differences between said names? office enterprise and office ultimate are the same somehow?

edit: i remember prob like 6 months ago i had a copy of office 07, but i never installed it. just didn't. anyway, gave that copy to a friend and he did install it. he said he liked it, but after like a month or something it stopped working. i believe he even uninstalled it and tried office xp or 2003 again and those didn't work either. either way, office 2007 just quit working. does this still happen? is there a work around to this? why did that happen? same as the 30 day trial of vista thing?
    Last edited by mr. nails; 02-17-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: see edit
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    First off, which version of Vista is 'working'. People seem to be able to get Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates to work, anyone had any experiences with it or with another copy? Note that I don't need a CD key as i work at a store that sells copies so i'm going to just take a CD key from a copy at work.
    Does it bother anyone else that Peerzy is willing to steal a key from a copy in a store he works in?

What bothers me most about that is that some unsuspecting person who buys it will most likely end up with problems activating their paid for Vista.
    Will they have probs?
    Like if you know somebody else that has XP, and you use their key, won't both of you work just fine if it is a legit key?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cool skill View Post

Does it bother anyone else that Peerzy is willing to steal a key from a copy in a store he works in?

What bothers me most about that is that some unsuspecting person who buys it will most likely end up with problems activating their paid for Vista.
    Will they have probs?
    Like if you know somebody else that has XP, and you use their key, won't both of you work just fine if it is a legit key?
    Yes they'll have problems.

The activation system identifies the specific machine and the licence agreement limits the use to that one machine.

Same with XP.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    First off, which version of Vista is 'working'. People seem to be able to get Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates to work, anyone had any experiences with it or with another copy? Note that I don't need a CD key as i work at a store that sells copies so i'm going to just take a CD key from a copy at work.

Does nt seem fair to hurt some poor soul does it , as it only takes three or 4 key strokes to find a working version on the net .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15

Indeed, I did realise after a while that taking the key would stop someone from using a copied they have paid for, another reason why I didn't take the key in the end. So instead I downloaded Timerstop.exe which you run when you've installed Vista to stop the timer ever hitting 0 days and deactivating my copy.

Either way it all went tits up.

Went to install, formatted and selected the partition, it copied files then got to the part where it said Expanding(Might have been Unpacking, can't remember) Files and just got stuck on 0% there and nothing happened. With the DVD in one of my drives it popped up with an error after a few minutes but in my other drive it just stayed on that screen forever.

This means I've had to reinstall XP just to get access back to the internet. The ISO i downloaded works for other people, which is worrying as the ISO extracted from the RAR files perfectly. This means unless Nero burnt it wrong (how often does this really happen? Hardly ever) then there is something wrong with either both of my drives, my type of DVD media or the HDD.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

Indeed, I did realise after a while that taking the key would stop someone from using a copied they have paid for, another reason why I didn't take the key in the end. So instead I downloaded Timerstop.exe which you run when you've installed Vista to stop the timer ever hitting 0 days and deactivating my copy.

Went to install, formatted and selected the partition, it copied files then got to the part where it said Expanding(Might have been Unpacking, can't remember) Files and just got stuck on 0% there and nothing happened. With the DVD in one of my drives it popped up with an error after a few minutes but in my other drive it just stayed on that screen forever.

This means I've had to reinstall XP just to get access back to the internet. The ISO i downloaded works for other people, which is worrying as the ISO extracted from the RAR files perfectly. This means unless Nero burnt it wrong (how often does this really happen? Hardly ever) then there is something wrong with either both of my drives, my type of DVD media or the HDD.
    Or your computer doesn't like Vista.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17

Or your computer doesn't like Vista.
    I think my computer might be a racist, how as a parent do I approach this situation

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    adriand
    why dont you use stop the clock method works fine with the buisness edition

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by adriand View Post
    why dont you use stop the clock method works fine with the buisness edition
    Possibly because I can't quite install it yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast