Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ballmer: Piracy to Blame For Slow Vista Sales

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Fuck 'em. They're trying to make us pay in £'s what the 'merkins pay in $'s for Vista, that's like charging us double ffs. With Google looking to take a bite out of Microsoft's Office profits(another rip-off application) as well I hope Microsoft have a very bad year(s).

2. News (Archive)   -   #22
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    It's total pish flaps.

I only want DX10 lushness for future gaming, not the mega shitty Vista OS that comes spot welded to it.

3. News (Archive)   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Just like many others, I've been sticking with Windows because of its compatibility. I groaned and moaned at all the security issues but I applied all the patches and installed 3rd party software like antivirus when I had to and continued to use windows because it worked with the hardware and software I had. Now Redmond has the brilliant idea to throw compatibility out the window just so it can get into bed with DRM, all the while keeping windows as insecure as it ever was. Actually Vista most likely is and will continue in the foreseesable future to be less secure than XP. And what is with the feeble attempt to make Vista more secure by overwhelming the user with warning messages. Wasn't that the problem with IE for so many years. A popup would warn users they were about to download some malware and the user would hurriedly click away at yes just to get on with surfing. So if that scenario led us to the situation today where many users systems are completely bogged down with spyware and malware, how is this overload of warning messages going to secure Vista? And after all this M$ is now surprised at lackluster sales? It'd be funny if it wasn't all so sad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123