Thread: how to burn sfv file

Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I've just downloaded lfc documentary from nzb file but when i open it it is in sfv format. And i want to burn it onto a dvd. I've tried with power iso, and than i tried to convert it with quicksfv but still no joy.
    Any one help.
    Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    SFV Files

Well I have found that many people do not even use SFV files, let alone know what they are for. Their purpose is to verify the integrity of all the files using a CRC check. Since split RAR files cannot be modified once created (without corrupting them) this is very usefull on this type of file. Any modification in size or structure to the file, usually when your modem messes the data up, will cause the CRC check to fail.

You can easily verify your downloaded files using a special program and the SFV file. The best one I have found is QuickSFV, so download that and install it. Let it associate with at least SFV and whatever else you want. Now all you need to do is double click the SFV and it starts checking the files, simple as that.
    http://www.jtpfxp.net/nfosfvrar.htm

I dont think you burn them Tony, they are used to check the integrity of the files you downloaded. You sure there aren't any other files with it?

Double post for the win!

/merged
    //Chewie
    Last edited by Chewie; 03-02-2007 at 08:07 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Thanks Colt Seever
    Thanks for the double post it should be treble , thats how good the result was today.

Thanks Colt Seever
    Thanks for the double post it should be treble , thats how good the result was today.

Thanks Colt,it should be treble with the result today.
    Attachment 2681

Sorry about the 3 post my pc was playing up

/merged
    //Chewie
    Last edited by Tony L; 04-20-2007 at 05:48 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    is 1 month over yet?
    The replier is correct. No need to burn it. It simply advises you whether the files you have are the same files that the original sfv-creator put into the torrent.