Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the easiest way to seed in Oink

Upload is obviously best way. Then seed seed seed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Fill someone's request. Be sure to that request has a lot of votes, otherwise it won't help THAT much. Also, upload scene stuff. I don't think their pretimes are TOO fast.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    Fill someone's request. Be sure to that request has a lot of votes, otherwise it won't help THAT much. Also, upload scene stuff. I don't think their pretimes are TOO fast.
    there's one user in particular, actually named scene, who seems to up everything scene even before vipmusic or other scene trackers. i think the trick is to upload something popular in a certain format that hasn't been made yet. FLAC's help a ton.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    the user 'scene' deleted his account. must have lost his axx.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    check the req section!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Do not go near torrents with lots of leechers unless it's a very new torrent? Why? Because those people aren't leeching - they're partial downloaders. They wanted only part of the torrent but as long as their client sends a nonzero "left" amount we show them as leechers. By getting on a torrent like that you just make your ratio much worse and have nothing to show for it (because all those "leechers" will seed to you).

On OiNK's Pink Palace, uploading your own torrents (search the requests) is by far the best way to improve ratio. The second consideration would be to be connectable as otherwise people may complete their leeching before you're even aware there's a new peer.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    the-big-gamer's Avatar HaRdRoCk BT Rep: +1
    sedd torren wich has less seeder

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Unlimited 100mb ftw.
    Rosetta Stone (30 Languages included) for Mac v2.0.7 - if anyone checked the file list of this torrent there is plenty of gigs to make on it, shame my seedbox is playing up.

In other words...be smart, there is plenty to find out there, larger torrents are always more effective IMO, 1 person downloading a 2gig torrent is equivalent to 40 on a 50meg torrent, larger leecher total on a torrent isn't everything.
    Last edited by Galva; 04-28-2007 at 03:24 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    edit: nvm. Did not look at the version
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 04-28-2007 at 05:17 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Galva View Post
    Rosetta Stone (30 Languages included) for Mac v2.0.7 - if anyone checked the file list of this torrent there is plenty of gigs to make on it, shame my seedbox is playing up.

In other words...be smart, there is plenty to find out there, larger torrents are always more effective IMO, 1 person downloading a 2gig torrent is equivalent to 40 on a 50meg torrent, larger leecher total on a torrent isn't everything.
    that's true, i made many gigs on the adobe cs3 posted lately

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12