Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wag The Dog Anyone?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+4 June 2003 - 08:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 June 2003 - 08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OlderThanDirt@4 June 2003 - 00:00
    The nice thing about America is that people will latch onto anything to bitch about ... and by the time the movie airs, we&#39;ll all be bitching about something else anyway.
    Actually, I think they&#39;re counting on this phenomonon.
    In a couple of months, after the TV movie has aired, you can bet your boots that some intrepid reporter will ask:" But, er, what about the allegations that this whole episode was staged?"

And the response will be:" Why are you dredging those OLD allegations up now? We&#39;ve moved on and have more important thing to worry about&#33;"
    Using the passage of time to minimize the relevance/marginalize the doubters of the "official version" seems to be a favorite tactic of this Admin. ( and their apologists in the media). [/b][/quote]
    No apologies here.

Just a willingness to assign the question to the same "hold" bin wherein resides the WMD issue, however temporarily.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@4 June 2003 - 08:15

Just a willingness to assign the question to the same "hold" bin wherein resides the WMD issue, however temporarily.
    That would be fine if I didn&#39;t think that "HOLD" was an acronym for "How Old Lies Die".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    There is a deep resentment toward George W. ... and there&#39;s a lot of justification for it, I suppose. There are still a lot of unanswered questions about the 2000 election. But, not even the mainstream media talks about it very much anymore (this may change next year, though). If Lynch&#39;s memory doesn&#39;t return, the issue may raise its head again ... but will probably subside. The news media is fickle for the "newest" shocker and doesn&#39;t have much interest in prolonging old news (unless it&#39;s active/ongoing news).

A few years ago, you might remember that North Korea was threatening peninsular Armageddon. I was following the story very closely until, one day, some guy became a suspect in his wife&#39;s death ... and drove his Ford Bronco into the history books. For the next few weeks, I had to go to alternate news sites to get information because domestic media had only one topic on their minds -- O.J.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+4 June 2003 - 09:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 June 2003 - 09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@4 June 2003 - 08:15

That would be fine if I didn&#39;t think that "HOLD" was an acronym for "How Old Lies Die". [/b][/quote]
    Clocker, your astounding mental agility leaves me speechless once again.

&#39;I have met punditry, and it is Clocker&#39;. B)

OTD-

Isn&#39;t it amazing how the media steers the content of news, then acts custodially to remind us at future dates of what is or is not historically relevant to current "events"?

I gave O.J. a few points for originality, but that was all; the only significant event after the murder was the criminal verdict, and what it implied about the reality of the state of our legal system and it&#39;s fallability.
    The civil contest was, at best, anticlimactic.

The Lynch story aside, it bothers me when my side drops the rhetorical ball, fudges facts, or engages in otherwise sloppy behavior.
    A certain amount of "crossed wire syndrome" is inevitable; must it be endemic?

I&#39;ve said this before, too:
    I don&#39;t believe the majority of Americans are hinging their opinion re: Iraq on whether or not we find hard evidence (defined as stockpiled, intact and ready-to-be-used) of WMD; this indicates a genuine tolerance for TRUTH.
    Instead, we are subjected to this institutionalized imperative of "fact by executive fiat" practiced by ALL administrations.

Having overdosed on it during the Clinton years, I find it especially abhorrent when my guys do it, to whatever extent.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345