Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hard drive question

Get an external HD.You can have as many as you want .

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Dont go external if you have internal space left... its just pointless clutter and more costly. You should be fine, before you buy one have a look at the existing hdd to see what cables go into it. Check to see if its a wide ribbon cable and a power cable with 4 connectors in it or a small red cable and a thin black power cable. Once youve done that check that youve got one of each cable spare.

Buy an IDE drive if you have the wide ribbon cable spare or buy a SATA drive if you have the small red one spare.

Whatever power supply you have it should be fine, hdd's dont use too much power.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    id go external hd i like the new seagates they cool them selfs so far no probs....but now that i said it ... you no how that goes
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Multiple externals!?!?!

What a world we live in, I await the petabyte usb thumbdrive

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    It depends if you want the most GB per £/$. If so go for an internal drive.

If you can't be asked with fitting it your self then just get an external drive.

If your looking to seed 24/7 of the new drive, I'd say an internal drive would be a better choice.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    If adding internal drives remember that heat is your enemy. Make sure the drive has adequate cooling. I've been known to mount fans inside the case blowing air on the harddisks.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubgeezer View Post

If you can't be asked with fitting it your self then just get an external drive.

If your looking to seed 24/7 of the new drive, I'd say an internal drive would be a better choice.
    Ive been seeing the costs for USB drives coming down lately.
    I seen a 500gig external for $120 just yesterday. It was from a well known company as well. Wasnt some ma and pa brand.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubgeezer View Post

Ive been seeing the costs for USB drives coming down lately.
    I seen a 500gig external for $120 just yesterday. It was from a well known company as well. Wasnt some ma and pa brand.
    Thats true, I've noticed the price coming down on USB drives.

But personally I prefer to use USB drives for backing up stuff and then switch off or for moving data between different computers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12