Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Debates from Sharedaddys pinned movie

Poster
    You're the man ShareDaddy. I have never thought to hold that many movies on my computer. I just wanted to say, I am glad you like 2 Days in the Valley. That movie rocked. I'll go for that one and if I connect to you, then I'll tell you so you can get the croc hunter ok.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by mobboss01@27 December 2002 - 15:14
    You're the man ShareDaddy.  I have never thought to hold that many movies on my computer.  I just wanted to say, I am glad you like 2 Days in the Valley.  That movie rocked.  I'll go for that one and if I connect to you, then I'll tell you so you can get the croc hunter ok.
    Thats cool, I use most of my 120 gigabyte hard drive for sharing files, hopefully I will be installing a second hard drive soon, just have to finish convincing the wife I need it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    [QUOTE=BustedTyre,25 December 2002 - 00:05]
    (BustedTyre @ 15 December 2002 - 20:59)

BTW, do you know how Kazaa determines which computers connect to which nodes? Does this have anything to do with the IP addresses used? I lived in Spain for 2 months, now in the U.S. and realised that back there I had 3/4 of all downloads in parallel from 5 to 8 users, which I never get in the U.S. In Spain, I had an unusual setup with a public static IP address assigned directly to my PC it, while here I'm brhind a router with NAT (covad.net.) The difference in speed appears to be immensely in favour of my Spain, even though the downstream there was 512K vs. 1500 in the U.S. and despite the antique computer I've used.

I'd really appreciate any comment..

Keep up the good work!

Each time you start Kazaa it may be on a different node, nodes are people who have selected to be a node and as long as they share files and are on all of the time, they are a node. So connecting to nodes depends on who is signed on, where
    they are at and so on.
    Sharedaddy, you've got some really cool and rare stuff but i'm out of luck! I'm trying to dl about a dozen flix from your lists, not a single kb loaded, in 2 weeks!

I got an idea: can you send me a list of Supernodes you can connect to so I try crawling closer to where you are. You can use Diet Kaza to "jump" then "detect" your supernodes, do it like a few times and post what you get. Post those only which reply fast and return the usernames.

Best of all, if you keep Kazaa running without reloading or disconnecting it, find a supernode that replies really fast, keep it unchanged and post that SN-s name. Every time you reload, select a SN and post its name and address, this way your fans at least know where in principle to look for your files.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
    I would assume that your unusual Ip may have something to do with it, but I have a static Ip with my cable company and every once in a while I will be on the worst node ever. I used to use Estop a program for blocking IP's to jump nodes, but alas my 30 day free trial elapsed and I have still not found a serial or another program to take it's place. I currently am unable to use Zone Alarm Pro on my PC, I do use ZA but without the pro I cannot hop supernodes easily or block unwanted guests, whihc was a nice thing to have in the past.

As for DietK, I have never used it, would not know how, the latest prog I am using is RandomNuts version 2 which so far for me is working brilliantly, although every user uploading from me is showing at 666 PL which does not sit well with me, I do not understand what is going on, but the 666 (mark of the beast) needs to go.

If DietK is worth it and will work I may try it, only after you explain in more detail how or why to use it, thanks.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    SD you really need to use DK with KL as it is the best and will jump supernodes as I cannot find you neither.

Just install it and on the advanced tab on the set up you will see detect supernodes and it will search when it finds one just select jump and it will connect you to the supernode you can keep doing this till you get maximum downloads acheived and that way we all have a chance to find you.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by pete3003uk@29 December 2002 - 16:09
    SD you really need to use DK with KL as it is the best and will jump supernodes as I cannot find you neither.

Just install it and on the advanced tab on the set up you will see detect supernodes and it will search when it finds one just select jump and it will connect you to the supernode you can keep doing this till you get maximum downloads acheived and that way we all have a chance to find you.
    OK if you guys are using it and cannot find me, me using it will not gaurantee anything, however I will try it as I have the same problem, I have a ton of things paused in my folder waiting to connect to anyone from the forum. Where should I get DK, it is not listed at our Download page? I do not want to download the wrong version or something.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy+29 December 2002 - 21:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 29 December 2002 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pete3003uk@29 December 2002 - 16:09

OK if you guys are using it and cannot find me, me using it will not gaurantee anything, however I will try it as I have the same problem, I have a ton of things paused in my folder waiting to connect to anyone from the forum. Where should I get DK, it is not listed at our Download page? I do not want to download the wrong version or something. [/b][/quote]
    Go HERE SD

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Edited previous message- the first try was a bad download from the site you sent me to, the second try was more fruitful, however if and when I skid node with the program do I lose connection to the downloading file I already have going?

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    Hey ShareDaddy, what is that DVD copy suite that you use again. I forgot and lost the hashes you gave me.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@30 December 2002 - 01:15
    Edited previous message- the first try was a bad download from the site you sent me to, the second try was more fruitful, however if and when I skid node with the program do I lose connection to the downloading file I already have going?
    No because it is locked into your registery the source from the user that you were downloading from.

You can add supernodes to youir buddies list with the ip browser search facility with it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by NEMISIES+30 December 2002 - 05:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NEMISIES @ 30 December 2002 - 05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -ShareDaddy@28 December 2002 - 11:44
    <!--QuoteBegin--mobboss01
    @27 December 2002 - 15:14
    You&#39;re the man ShareDaddy. I have never thought to hold that many movies on my computer. I just wanted to say, I am glad you like 2 Days in the Valley. That movie rocked. I&#39;ll go for that one and if I connect to you, then I&#39;ll tell you so you can get the croc hunter ok.

Thats cool, I use most of my 120 gigabyte hard drive for sharing files, hopefully I will be installing a second hard drive soon, just have to finish convincing the wife I need it.
    B) Great Movies Son &#33;&#33;

When I get Uncapped ,will probaly D/L some &#33;&#33;&#33;

Hmmmm...... Guess we KNow who wears the Pants in the Family &#33;&#33;&#33;

Happy New Year To All &#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I have to make her think she wears the pants, once in a while, if not I get stuck making all the decisions, and I can tell you that isn&#39;t always good.

By the way had I chose to order one (a HD) back on the 21st of December, I could have got a 120 GB, 8Mb buffer, 7200 RPM Western Digital Caviar hard drive delivered to my house for 98 dollars US, however the special has lapsed, dammit. So now I am mad that I cannot find a deal even close to that anywhere, if anyone knows where to order a "NEW" 120 Gb Internal Hard Drive IDE ATA/100 7200 RPM name brand hard drive for less than 179 dollars US please advise, I cannot believe I missed the deal on the 21st.

I am using DK now, not real happy with it so far, but I have jumped nodes, can&#39;t seem, to far away though, I will keep trying at least until I start downloading some more stuff, wish me luck.

Thanks to everyone about the compliments and Mobb you should have received my PM about what you asked for, Happy New Years to all and good luck to us all downloading what we want when we want it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast