Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: newsgroups and pre times

i agree, i've been on the scene for ages, tried IRC, Kazaa, BT etc..The only thing that really works for me are NZBs. Max speed, fast posts...what else do you need? Btw a friend got a warning email from his ISP (we use the same ISP) for downloading a PC game...I've been downloading 3 times more than he has ever downloaded with Newsgroups and got nothing..

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetfield View Post
    Btw a friend got a warning email from his ISP (we use the same ISP) for downloading a PC game...I've been downloading 3 times more than he has ever downloaded with Newsgroups and got nothing..

Was your friend using torrents or newsgroups?

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    torrents

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Firstly, I was talking about pre-times, not download speed so calm down.
    Here is your original post,you never stated exactly what you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by BigH View Post
    I really don't understand why some people are so hung up on getting something faster than someone else. Is it some sort of loopy competition now?
    No mention of what you were talking about specifically, you just expected everyone to know!

I was merely pointing out a couple of points in my post. Not just your point.
    I stated that I was sick of upload ratios on torrent sites and stated why I changed to newsgroups.
    Then I answered your question that I did not mind waiting. And I am not upset,that is your interpetation of my post. Which was wrong.I didn't think it necessary to specify exactly what I was talking about because I considered the thread title specific enough.
    I know what you stated.
    If I interpret your post as condescending, particularly as with the use of *gasp* and uppercase for emphasis, your whole first paragraph has that air, must I be at fault?
    Uppercase is almost exclusively used to show shouting in a text environment especially when bold and italics are available to the user.

As we go through life we need to understand that the onus is on us to make ouselves understood to strangers rather than on others to figure out what we're saying/typing.

Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    Secondly, English is my first language; I can read and understand your post perfectly well without the exagerrated use of capitals as emphasis.
    If you don't like the way I post, which was not only for your benifit, then I can't help you.

It was not only for you that I stated why I felt the way I did, but for others as well. So please knock off a superior attitude with me, it will get you nowhere real fast.

Yeah you're absolutely right - my inability to understand others or make myself understood by them has gotten me absolutely nowhere here.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    I know what you stated.
    If I interpret your post as condescending, particularly as with the use of *gasp* and uppercase for emphasis, your whole first paragraph has that air, must I be at fault?
    Uppercase is almost exclusively used to show shouting in a text environment especially when bold and italics are available to the user.

As we go through life we need to understand that the onus is on us to make ouselves understood to strangers rather than on others to figure out what we're saying/typing..

Mabye it is you that should take your own advice? From the time you have started talking to me, until now, you have come off as a condescending person. Mabye you ought to practice what you preach?If you can't, I don't want to hear it from you.

Yeah you're absolutely right - my inability to understand others or make myself understood by them has gotten me absolutely nowhere here.

It is a wonder you can be understood by anyone with that attitude you have!
    Last edited by webe123; 03-15-2007 at 04:06 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    loves the torrents BT Rep: +5
    thanks for all this info,im new to the newsgroups scene,used newsgroups to chat to people about info but thats it. Pre times from what i know on some torrent trackers is under a min - usually 1 hour after on good sites,sometimes you MAY have to wait but not long. Im curious to see how newsgroups work with the pre times concept.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by name in use View Post
    thanks for all this info,im new to the newsgroups scene,used newsgroups to chat to people about info but thats it. Pre times from what i know on some torrent trackers is under a min - usually 1 hour after on good sites,sometimes you MAY have to wait but not long. Im curious to see how newsgroups work with the pre times concept.

Actually, I'll wait the few hours it takes for a file to come on newsgroups. Even if it takes a little longer...I won't be the one having to upload BACK a file like on torrents!

I can simply go on and get another one. People that use private sites are not so lucky, as they have to seed at least a portion of the file they downloaded if they want to keep their membership on a private BT site.

If you use public BT sites,you don't have to upload back, but you are really wide open for being sued and the speeds suck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123