Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate dell!

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am running a XPS410 and I have no problems with it. They are not even in the same catagory as Compaq, Sony or HP. Those are truly proprietary sustems and they suck ass. I have had not problems upgrading things in my XPS. I think it also depends on the system you are buying as well. A dimensions? That is like buying a Ford Focus and saying Ford sucks. Maybe the Focus does, but not the entire line. As far as Alienware systems are concerned... Would you be bashing it if Dell never bought them out? Would Alienware be "cool" if Dell did not buy them out a couple of years ago?
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i used to work for dell so i know what actually happens to ur pc. what parts are used and so forth. kinda like mcdonalds. i'm not mad with them i just think why not build ur own. as for my monitor. i have a dell 2407 ws lcd and it's the best!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    They are not even in the same catagory as Compaq, Sony or HP. Those are truly proprietary sustems and they suck ass.
    HP know how to load a system(hardware, not software! lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i used to work for dell so i know what actually happens to ur pc. what parts are used and so forth. kinda like mcdonalds. i'm not mad with them i just think why not build ur own. as for my monitor. i have a dell 2407 ws lcd and it's the best!
    It's crazy how cheap LCD screens have become. My two Dell 19" LCDs retailed at almost $800/piece, when I bought them 4 years ago.

Now, they're like $210-250, and the 24" are $699.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm still smiling about the original posters " Dude you bought a Dell " ! Where my wife works you can get a Dell thru payroll deductions , you know $200 bucks a month . I talked to the Tech guy and said I'm interested in The Alienware XPS how much ? He said Peat why don't you build your own .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    My dad has a cheapy dell (by cheapy I mean the whole setup was under a grand, with tax?) anyways, it seems quite nice for the money... The monitor more so.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    Dell have nice monitors but the PC's r bawls.
    Laptops r alright, seem to have some of the best hardware in them and price isnt all that bad tbh.

i sorta hate dell just cos my IT teacher at college bums off them.

we had 2 find 2 different types of pcs, and he told everyone to just go on dell and build ur own... what a lump of shit (everyone just picked the highest spec shit ended up costing like £4k...)

i just went over to OCUK, picked 2 different custom built pcs (saved me picking the parts seporatly), and just wrote about them, got top marks on it when everyone else was fucked with theres apart from 1 guy which read what i put to help him.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Dell is crap. I agree

It's already there...givien to people who would rather pay money than learn what's really running that computer of theirs.
    They pay to make it simple and get something that works very simple. It's their choice and they don't lose or win anything.

They just get a ........DELL

brand names are known for huge slogans...go figure. The worst has got to be eMachines though.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 03-14-2007 at 01:43 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight View Post
    Dell is crap. I agree

It's already there...givien to people who would rather pay money than learn what's really running that computer of theirs.
    They pay to make it simple and get something that works very simple. It's their choice and they don't lose or win anything.

They just get a ........DELL

brand names are known for huge slogans...go figure. The worst has got to be eMachines though.
    But you can't build a laptop!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    But you can't build a laptop!
    Actually, you can.
    "Whitebook" systems are available (primarily from Asus/Acer) which consist of the chassis, display and motherboard.
    You add CPU, RAM, HDD and opticals to suit.
    Not really as cost efficient as building a PC...yet.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast