Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't ask don't tell

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

You do separate women from men though.
    what does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that homosexuals would be chasing all the straight soldiers? Are you suggesting that all the straight soldiers think that every homo wants to rape them? Are you worried about emotional ties? well what about the "brothers in arms" bond, you could suggest that the emotion is different but then who is to say that a particular homosexual relationship is anything other than just sex? Allowing them to serve openly would remove the "security risk" involved in blackmail we hear used as a reason to ban them so much as well

Now if you are thinking about sexual harassment cases then how would that be any different from heterosexual harassment.

I have yet to hear of a single reason given that couldn't be applied to another group that is allowed to serve openly.

The evangelicals are claiming they not only have the right to serve openly as christians but also to try to convert others, is that not a distraction?
    Why don't women and men share the same barracks?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Again you are making it about sex, again I ask what that has to do with anything. Are you using it as a case to prevent more than one homo per unit

Why does everyone think that being openly gay means they have to have sex? Can't they be openly gay and not have sex?
    What would happen if two troopers, one male one female, where caught engaging in sexual activity? Do you not think the same would apply?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Which ever side of the fence, homeosexuals should be encouraged to join up i reckon.

Those for the "fagtallion" appreciate that homosexuals are human, and can die for their country just as the rest. Sod what churches think.

And, coming from a military background, i can say that if any inappropriate homo action was tried within a barracks, it would be dealt with.

Those against the "gay guides" should also think again. As you are against homeosexuality anyway, this means you hate them . So you want to see them die. So i suggest you start a campaign to start this homo-corps. They can be used as mine detectors. Similar to my idea during "mad cow disease" times, round them up, send them to a minefield, let them graze/be homosexual, problem sorted. Choose it for a

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14

Again you are making it about sex, again I ask what that has to do with anything. Are you using it as a case to prevent more than one homo per unit

What would happen if two troopers, one male one female, where caught engaging in sexual activity? Do you not think the same would apply?
    Hell actually now that I think about it, it's a no-win.

A gay unit would present a distraction unto itself since the attraction would be would/could be between those in the same unit.

To your last, let me be more specific. In a unit, it shouldn't matter. Barracks should matter. Women and men serve in the same unit but not barracks (there's some separate trainign too).

My point is that the same way that men and women are separate and unitized is the same way it should be for heteros and homos.

The rationale should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Those against the "gay guides" should also think again. As you are against homeosexuality anyway, this means you hate them . So you want to see them die. So i suggest you start a campaign to start this homo-corps. They can be used as mine detectors. Similar to my idea during "mad cow disease" times, round them up, send them to a minefield, let them graze/be homosexual, problem sorted. Choose it for a
    That's pretty fucked up.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-15-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    To your last, let me be more specific. In a unit, it shouldn't matter. Barracks should matter. Women and men serve in the same unit but not barracks.

My point is that the same way that men and women are separate and unitized is the same way it should be for heteros and homos.

So who are you saying the distraction affects?

If it's the hetro trooper then why, he isn't going to have sex.

If it's the gay trooper then how would "not telling" make the distraction any less?

As pointed out, under don't ask don't tell the number of gay troopers has not been insignificant. Yet the "distraction" didn't seem to be a problem
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-15-2007 at 02:24 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    To your last, let me be more specific. In a unit, it shouldn't matter. Barracks should matter. Women and men serve in the same unit but not barracks.

Why are there separations for men and women?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Which ever side of the fence, homeosexuals should be encouraged to join up i reckon.

Those for the "fagtallion" appreciate that homosexuals are human, and can die for their country just as the rest. Sod what churches think.

And, coming from a military background, i can say that if any inappropriate homo action was tried within a barracks, it would be dealt with.

Those against the "gay guides" should also think again. As you are against homeosexuality anyway, this means you hate them and generally a little mental. So you want to see them die. So i suggest you start a campaign to start this homo-corps. They can be used as mine detectors. Similar to my idea during "mad cow disease" times, round them up, send them to a minefield, let them graze/be homosexual, problem sorted. Choose it for a national day, and you can give the other troops a great firework display. "Wow, look at that Spinning Mary fly!!"

It would work. In deserts, vehicles are painted pink for camoflage. Give the "G-string Unit" pink clobber, send them to a snowy conflict, see how the fuckers fall to enemy fire. Again, you'd find this amusing.

Also, think of the merchandise potential. A whole new line of clothes etc could come out. 105th Tank Brigade tops, Spando Commando pants, Queer Gear.

Think on, you discrimination can effect even the discriminators.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post

Those against the "gay guides" should also think again. As you are against homeosexuality anyway, this means you hate them and generally a little mental. So you want to see them die. So i suggest you start a campaign to start this homo-corps. They can be used as mine detectors. Similar to my idea during "mad cow disease" times, round them up, send them to a minefield, let them graze/be homosexual, problem sorted. Choose it for a national day, and you can give the other troops a great firework display. "Wow, look at that Spinning Mary fly!!"

It would work. In deserts, vehicles are painted pink for camoflage. Give the "G-string Unit" pink clobber, send them to a snowy conflict, see how the fuckers fall to enemy fire. Again, you'd find this amusing.

Also, think of the merchandise potential. A whole new line of clothes etc could come out. 105th Tank Brigade tops, Spando Commando pants, Queer Gear.

Think on, you discrimination can effect even the discriminators.
    The fook?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

Why are there separations for men and women?
    That's not an answer and has nothing to do with it.

Who does the distraction affect?

You said you have no problem with gays serving as long as they hide their sexuality. So how is that any less of a distraction. Allowing them to serve and admit being gay isn't the same as allowing them to hold hands in the showers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast