Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - I killed JFK, honest!

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The way I see it is that his "I did everything" stance is being used more for political currency than actual "we got him" justice. I say this as a comment on how it is being phrased by the talking heads both elected and political activists.

Biggles pointed to it being possible that as he confessed to everything and probably some of those things he had little if nothing to do with it could weaken the validity of confession of the things he did do.

It's entirely possible that the tactic AQ have decided on upon capture is not to resist confessing but to confess to everything thus making confessions even more unreliable.

It could also distract the investigations into the things he didn't do,
    letting the guilty escape, which is why torture is unreliable.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    He almost certainly had nothing to do with the Bali Bombing, no commentator seems to believe that. That was carried out by Jamaah Islamiah, and the people who owned up mentioned nothing of al Qaeda.

As to Daniel Pearl, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh has already been found guilty of killing him, and sentenced to death.

Reports going back to WW2 have said that confessions extracted by torture are unreliable and potentially dangerous, as they can lead, as vidcc pointed out, to the guilty ones escaping justice and continuing their work.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    If you're aware of the article, as you claim, you would know that there was no admission from him that he killed Pearl, that revelation came later.

As noted above, there was no mention in that article of him confessing to the murder of Pearl. But don't let facts stop you, it hasn't in the past.
    From the article:

"Time magazine reported last October that he had been the one to personally wield the knife that killed the Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl."

I believe any reasonable person would agree that qualifies as a "mention".

As to the "revelation" itself, do you contend that "last October" is a date subsequent to today's date?

In any case, it is part of the story, and his admission to this act (which was mentioned in every medium I saw today) seems genuine in all respects.

You gave it a miss, and the why of that is plain.

I rest my case.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Jon Stewart's reply to this thread.
    http://www.ifilm.com/video/2832997

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Jon Stewart's reply to this thread.
    http://www.ifilm.com/video/2832997
    Dr. Feelgood, eh?

That was him?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    If you're aware of the article, as you claim, you would know that there was no admission from him that he killed Pearl, that revelation came later.

As noted above, there was no mention in that article of him confessing to the murder of Pearl. But don't let facts stop you, it hasn't in the past.
    From the article:

"Time magazine reported last October that he had been the one to personally wield the knife that killed the Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl."

A 'mention', which is actually an 'accusation', has nothing whatsoever to do with a 'confession'. It also has nothing to do with my post, in which I said, ".. there was no mention in that article of him confessing to the murder of Pearl"

In any case, it is part of the story, and his admission to this act (which was mentioned in every medium I saw today) seems genuine in all respects.
    As I said, the story of his confession to killing Pearl came later, it wasn't in the original story, and it certainly wasn't in the story I posted, the first to hit the net.

I rest my case.
    I didn't 'give it a miss', it wasn't there! No matter how much you squirm, you were wrong, again.

So, once again you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong ... typical!

As usual, you waded in with your personal agenda, not bothering to check your facts, just like the bogus Quran story.

No wonder they made you a mod, you'll be creeping back and changing your posts next.

I rest my case.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27

From the article:

A 'mention', which is actually an 'accusation', has nothing whatsoever to do with a 'confession'. It also has nothing to do with my post, in which I said, ".. there was no mention in that article of him confessing to the murder of Pearl"

As I said, the story of his confession to killing Pearl came later, it wasn't in the original story, and it certainly wasn't in the story I posted, the first to hit the net.

I rest my case.
    I didn't 'give it a miss', it wasn't there! No matter how much you squirm, you were wrong, again.

So, once again you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong ... typical!

As usual, you waded in with your personal agenda, not bothering to check your facts, just like the bogus Quran story.

No wonder they made you a mod, you'll be creeping back and changing your posts next.

I rest my case.
    You are dealing with the difficulty of countering your own oft-used tactics, only in this instance the usage is merited.

You counter by personally attacking and insulting those who oppose you.

Tsk, tsk.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    So you admit you were wrong then?

Your reply to my post was a personal attack on me, so don't cry like a little girl when you get it back.

People can read my post, and your replies, and make up their own mind, they needn't listen to your waffling.

In future you should stick to the facts, it will save a lot of inevitable egg on face.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Are you insinuating something? That FST staff alter board history?
    Please post in the report section if this is the case.

I resent your remark as a slur on my own character.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Resent on, I wasn't referring to you, and I resent being falsely accused by someone who should be setting an example to others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast