Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ScT Going Pay to Leech

Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well, as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

It's all in euros though, so 10 euros is the lowest donation amount. Hopefully a temporary measure

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by zak2210 View Post
    Haha, TL pwns them
    you are right bro...Tl is on top of everything else

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Yup^

TL get more donations, their faster, got same content and easy to seed. what more do u need.

TL PWNS!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zak2210 View Post
    Yup^

TL get more donations, their faster, got same content and easy to seed. what more do u need.

TL PWNS!!
    you sure about that?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I received this message in my inbox.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We staff understand that a lot of you here at ScT are very much against the idea of pay to leech, but we've come to the decision that there is no other way to keep the server bill paid. We've asked for donations in the past to get the bill paid, but it's not cutting it any more.

Donations were short last month, as well as this month. We understand that some of you will turn away from us for this, but we ask you to understand our situation. We want you to rest assured in the fact that no members of the staff will keep any part of donations made, and it will all go strictly to pay the server bills.

/Staff
    Click here if you want to join TTC

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    They have been doing this for some time despite what their PM said about it being new lmao

They just havent openly promoted it in the past. I know a few people who have recieved uploaded amounts added to their account.
    I heard rumors of this, I hadn't believed it tho.

A lot depends on how it's implemented actually. I really hope they offer just small tokens of appreciation for upload, rather than an amount that would significantly help a leech's ratio. A lot will also depend on how much trust there is in site staff. Bitmetv offers considerable amounts of upload for credit, but there have never been any suspicions it's going to anything but server costs. There have been some unfavorable accusations directed at Sct however ...

It's supposed to go into place sometime in April.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I have a TL account and an ScT account now, and I think TL is not as fast. I have more problems (although my ratio doesn't show it) seeding at TL than ScT for reasons I don't know.

I like ScT's layout though Plus the forums don't require secondary registration and ScT has a better forum community.

I don't like pay to leech, with TL there are people with several hundred gigs downloaded and almost none uploaded because they pay for VIP status. That kind of pisses me off because in those situations, they are not sharing at all. To me, I trust the mods at ScT to do whatever is best for the tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Edit: nothing...
    Last edited by Bucktoof; 03-22-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: site problem..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Edit: -
    Last edited by Bucktoof; 03-22-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Posting problems

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Edit: -
    Last edited by Bucktoof; 03-22-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Site posting problems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast