Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help (have vectoral seedbox)

ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ...plus you can use the WebUI so no real need for a remote conection.

Oh and you will need WINE to run uTorrent under Linux

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by ten elite brains View Post
    ...plus you can use the WebUI so no real need for a remote conection.

Oh and you will need WINE to run uTorrent under Linux
    great info thanx

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    taba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    cong m8
    am very happy 4 u
    hope u can use it soon

and give me some heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
    English only in sigs please

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If you find that to be a hassle i am sure the vectoral staff would be glad to upgrade you to windows. I find windows servers to be better personally.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You dont need to go spending even more money on windows... Whatever linux distro you have will have a greater uptime than a windows one. Your problem is that you havent researched how to use your server before you bought it.

It seems pretty obvious that a remote deskop app bundled with XP wouldnt work with linux. Search on google for a guide to using putty in order to get your connection working. You could try using FreeNX or TightVNC if you dont want to learn to use putty although neither of these will work if your server provider hasnt installed them on your server.

Just go ahead and learn to use putty, im sure theres hundreds of guides out there.

As for a torrent client theres no need to go using WINE and utorrent, you can use a torrent app designed for linux such as rtorrent or if you wanna be boring just use azereus which supports both linux and windows.
    Last edited by Ratzy Rox; 03-22-2007 at 08:32 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzy Rox View Post
    You dont need to go spending even more money on windows... Whatever linux distro you have will have a greater uptime than a windows one. Your problem is that you havent researched how to use your server before you bought it.

It seems pretty obvious that a remote deskop app bundled with XP wouldnt work with linux. Search on google for a guide to using putty in order to get your connection working. You could try using FreeNX or TightVNC if you dont want to learn to use putty although neither of these will work if your server provider hasnt installed them on your server.

Just go ahead and learn to use putty, im sure theres hundreds of guides out there.

As for a torrent client theres no need to go using WINE and utorrent, you can use a torrent app designed for linux such as rtorrent or if you wanna be boring just use azereus which supports both linux and windows.

just too much hassle. why have to learn all that? researching guides and what not. pay 15.00 and use what you're used to (windows). i have no problem with up time. been a month since i restarted any windows i have.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    problem has been solved ..there is a great guy helped me ..thank u..

and by the way this seedbox is great ...i recommend it .

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoma View Post
    problem has been solved ..there is a great guy helped me ..thank u..

and by the way this seedbox is great ...i recommend it .
    where did you get it from?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i hope you solved it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12