Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: flagged invitees

walczanin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    @walczanin
    I agree with your last post. However, some people never think that their account will be disabled in a few days for inactivity.
    They just keep it for future reference and one day: BANG! Account deleted!
    well its never few days mate..........
    2 weeks (pisexy) up to 2 months thats what it takes to be disabled due to inactivity.............

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I would suggest besides positive green trading reputation points to have also negative red reputation points either because someone cheated us, or because he kept our invite inactive.

I thing that the most important thing in someone's public profile would be his bad actions and not only the good ones.
    The bad actions is what would prevent me from trading wih someone or not giving him an invite.

Someone with 2 good reputation points doesn't mean he hasn't got other 10 bad ones...

I remember a giveaway where someone asked me to give him a reput. point in advance in order to choose me in his giveaway. I accepted it only to realised that he made that thread to collect reputation points and not give an invite to anyone!...

Negative points with a good explanations and proofs I think would be a good idea.
    Last edited by znik; 03-25-2007 at 07:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    You are scaring me, would my account get banned for inactive if I dont download 20mb and just upload?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Elitist's Avatar O RLY? lulz BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    You can have all the fruit tasting here.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bitto...ratings-142446
    Just read it, and you can see what fruit you desire...
    The WIAW thread is good, but it doesn't let you know everything. For example, I thought that piSexy, SCC, and RevTT would be good alternatives to TL. However, after joining them I realized that I only like RevTT since I don't like either the interface on piSexy or the lack of files/slowness on SCC. So, until you get past the level 2.5-3 sites, I don't think description alone is enough. One needs to see things.

As for giving someone your account, that seems like a good idea and I've thought of it. However, if the person you give your account away to winds up cheating or causing problems, often people will look on other sites for accounts with the same name. Then I'd wind up having accounts I use possibly banned because the person I was generous enough to give my unused account to screwed up. So it's not worth the risk.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I would suggest besides positive green trading reputation points to have also negative red reputation points either because someone cheated us, or because he kept our invite inactive.

I thing that the most important thing in someone's public profile would be his bad actions and not only the good ones.
    The bad actions is what would prevent me from trading wih someone or not giving him an invite.

Someone with 2 good reputation points doesn't mean he hasn't got other 10 bad ones...

I remember a giveaway where someone asked me to give his a reput. point in advance in order to choose me in his giveaway. I accepted it but I realised that he made that thread only to collect reputation points and not give an invite to anyone...

Negative points with a good explanations and proofs I think would be a good idea.
    + 1923

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by walczanin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzy Rox View Post

Ive never come across a site which bans you as a result of inviting inactive members. What would be an example of this?
    bitme
    bitmetv
    btmmusic
    oink-sometimes
    ftn
    pisexy
    thors
    hdbits.org

want more?
    Ive invited many an inactive member to 5 of the above sites and noones had a problem with it. I took a quick look at the rules and faqs of three of the sites and found absolutely no mention of it. I could carry on looking over the other sites but its clear that your talking complete bollocks.

Simply put sites dont care how many inactive members you invite since they can always prune them. What they do care about is cheating members. You should check your facts before posting, you need to bear in mind that your purple stars will make people more likely to heed your advice even when its incorrect.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Like Ratzy Rox said, sites don't penalize you if you invite inactive members. However, sites do penalize you for inviting members who cheat or leech infinitely without even an attempt at seeding back.

If this thread is turned into a thread for alerting others of cheaters or leeches, then it'll be more feasible. I find inactivity disablement a bit of an iffy area. Because someone is inactive in one site doesn't mean that he/she's inactive in others. It matters more on content than on being a good BT user. It's partially up to the invitee to make sure that he/she learns about and will want to use a tracker before asking for it. It's also up to the inviter to make sure that the invitee has a true interest in the tracker before inviting him/her.

why do u guys write such long posts forcing me to read them!
    I find that long posts are a hell of a lot more substantial than short posts, in general.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I think the core idea of this thread is a good step. The idea of having a list of peeps that have been banned on your invite for one reason or another so that someone else doesn't invite them again and also lose their invites. However, the list may get rather long...

The main offenders that I would put on such a list are the ratio cheaters/leechers/abusers etc that actively get themselves banned and thus strip you of your invite rights. *Damn that user that took my piglets!*

/edit: More thoughts... Inactive users bug me but it doesn't hurt. It bugs me that I could have used that invite on someone more deserving and would actually want to use the tracker. And as mentioned above, how hard is it to download and upload one file?
    Last edited by Alco23; 03-25-2007 at 09:59 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alco23 View Post
    I think the core idea of this thread is a good step. The idea of having a list of peeps that have been banned on your invite for one reason or another so that someone else doesn't invite them again and also lose their invites. However, the list may get rather long...

The main offenders that I would put on such a list are the ratio cheaters/leechers/abusers etc that actively get themselves banned and thus strip you of your invite rights. *Damn that user that took my piglets!*
    If this happens to you and you can give conclusive proof of what happened (screenshots), we will ban the user.

yo

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Skizo even if you ban someone he will login the other day with a different ID.
    And how can I prove that MrX in FST has taken my invite to bitmeTV, logged there as MrY, cheated and thus all my invites to my MrF account in bitmeTV were taken away ?

I think that a FST negative point system would be a good idea.
    A cheater who has got 10negative points by 10FST members could never be an angel...
    And his public profile is available to anyone at any time. You don't have to search specific threads with cheaters.

Even a cheater could make a giveaway and get 5positive points. That doesn't make him the ideal person to be given my precious invite though...
    Last edited by znik; 03-25-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast