Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Father's company was on TV!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I did work there off and on all growing up until I moved away to Austin. Even then, and even more so after college, he wanted me to move back and take over the business for him. It just wasn't what I wanted. He literally worked 15 hour days, 7 seven days a week. He practically lived at that place, and coming right out of college, I just wasn't ready to commit to that. It wasn't the hard work that turned me off, but moving back to Tomball just didn't appeal to me.

A town of 6700 was a great place to grow up and I wouldn't trade it for it World. I also like to go back every few months, and I enjoy the town and the people, but living there again really wasn't even a consideration.

Not that I get to enjoy Austin as much as I'd like to. Most days are like today where I worked 11.5 hours.
    That reminds me of one my coworkers. His pops makes upscale suits (makes them for old Coach John Thompson too in fact) and wants him to take over the business. His father makes tons of money and my coworker worked for him when he was younger (his brother still does) but he said it's just not what he wants to do.

His father gets so much business that he doesn't want to advertise cuz he likes doing most of the work himself. He does have shows and such (I've even modeled some of his suits ) but he doesn't care about expanding or hiring tons of workers. I've seen all the fabrics, tables, and such all in the basement of his huge house.
    I've always been of the opinion, do what you like, or do something else.

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I've always been of the opinion, do what you like, or do something else.
    What you like or something else, yup that about sums it up.

That's my new mantra. Do what you like, or do something else.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I think he said his dad don't be ownin' da bidness no moor, sonson.
    /Fixed
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I think he said his dad don't be ownin' da bidness no moor, sonson.
    /Fixed

yo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234