Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Again I ask under what part of the convention specifically is a tv appearance prohibited.

As to your next question I think Iran plays games just the same as the rest of us do.

the closest thing i can find is this but it specifies wartime

USA, Iraq ‘violating’ Geneva Convention

Washington, March 25
    Human Rights Watch has accused both the Iraqi and US governments of violating the Geneva Convention prohibition on exposing Prisoners Of War (POW) to public curiosity.

According to the Third Geneva Convention of 1949, a detaining authority in wartime has a clear obligation not to parade POWs or allow them to be exposed to the public, the group said in a release.

The prohibition was not a blanket ban on any image whatsoever of a POW, it said. For example, the prohibition would not extend to incidental filming of POWs when journalists were documenting broader military operations, it added.

But a detaining authority in wartime had a clear obligation not to parade POWs, or allow them to be exposed to the public, the group said. The provision protecting POWs from ‘’public curiosity’’ appeared to have been violated by the Iraqi and the US governments, Human Rights Watch said.

The Iraqi government had filmed American POWs and interrogated them before cameras. On the other hand, the US Government had taken insufficient measures to prevent journalists embedded with US forces from filming Iraqi POWs held by the United States, the group charged.

‘’US Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld has appropriately criticised the Iraqi filming of American POWs. However, he had said nothing to date about the filming of Iraqi POWs by media operating alongside US forces,’’ the group said. UNI
    source
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-02-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran would free the 15 detained British sailors and marines Wednesday

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/worl...=1&oref=slogin

If confirmed this is good news.

What I don't get is there has been no invasion, this was done through diplomatic means..how could this possibly have worked

This isn't going to be easy on Hannity.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-04-2007 at 03:19 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It'll be good news once the deal is consummated.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkf1VP875Q[/youtube]

well i never

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234