Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partitioned hard drive

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    yeah, the geeks definitely should have fixed that before they gave it back to you, but i understand for not wanting to take it back just for that. i heard a girl today in class say her computer crashed and the geek squad would have it for *at least* two more weeks!! holy shit. what could take that long to fix?! i'm sure every person takes their stuff there, but damn, that long would kill me.

when my mobo blew and i took it in to a few places (NOT the geeksquad) they had the problem fixed and told me to come get it within 2 or 3 days. three cheers for mum & pop stores.
    I had to wait five days for my comp, it was about 3 days after I took it in they began work on it, it was ready to pickup the next day.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I still can't imagine under what circumstances I would unilaterally decide to partition a drive.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I still can't imagine under what circumstances I would unilaterally decide to partition a drive.
    It completely beats me...
    Last edited by S!X; 03-30-2007 at 07:54 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Alot of people partition their drives so that the essential operating system and its files are in one partition while their programs and media are on another.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWing View Post
    Alot of people partition their drives so that the essential operating system and its files are in one partition while their programs and media are on another.
    Yes, lots of people do that.
    However, when a PC is in the shop for service the tech doesn't get to just decide that's the way the machine should be set up and do it without consulting the customer.
    I see customer PCs quite frequently that have partitioned drives and usually C: is full to overflowing and D: is empty.
    Why?
    Because the average user is so dimwitted that they forget there is another drive and just blindly keep cramming drivel into My Docs till Windows starts cannibalizing itself.
    "Low drive space" warnings will be ignored because they are "too confusing".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Why?
    Because the average user is so dimwitted that they forget there is another drive and just blindly keep cramming drivel into My Docs till Windows starts cannibalizing itself.
    "Low drive space" warnings will be ignored because they are "too confusing".
    LOL I had a good laugh there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12