Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Study Re-evaluates Evolution of Mammals

MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I was trying to make a synical joke JPaul...I understand we are not directly from apes...although one could argue given the state of "things"....anyway.....Judge Dredd....You have been Judged!!!!!!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I am baffled at the evolutionary chain which would end in a creature which was all ears. I just don't understand what niche in nature it would find, to say nothing of procreation (aural sex is not an acceptable joke here).

I therefore take this as final and absolute proof of idiotic design.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post

Funny, I learned at an extremely early age that the "but little Tommy was doing it too" was not a viable defense.
    Tu quoque, you find that a lot here. I'm sure you've noticed it.
    Is this a warning against hearing aids?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    I was trying to make a synical joke JPaul...I understand we are not directly from apes...although one could argue given the state of "things"....anyway.....Judge Dredd....You have been Judged!!!!!!

@boab, I can't answer you until they get this automerge thing sorted. I just can't face it anymore.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    One could look at it this way...If you believe in God and die to find out there is a God youll be glad. If you dont believe in God and die to find out there is a God youll be sorry. If you believe in God and die and there isnt a God...you wont know anyway. So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by believing. Ill wait for the Right-wing Christian nut-job defense.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    @ MaxOverlord

So your scientific argument is that there has to be a god/creator to have started life. So how did the god come into existence and then how did his "creator"? What scientific evidence do you have?
    If scientific reasoning regarding this is absurd, surely it must be equally absurd that a god came about suddenly out of nothing. I will not accept the "he has always existed" stance because although it's arguably possible for something to be never ending it always has to have a beginning.

Your original statement was berating scientist because they couldn't accept god. So offer up scientific evidence.

Science and faith are not the same subject.

Oh and the whole "lawgiver" when describing the creator thing made me smile.................

The lawgiver was an orangutan from the planet of the apes series
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-12-2007 at 12:47 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Your original statement was berating scientist because they couldn't accept god. So offer up scientific evidence.
    Yea give us some scientific evidence that will be changed in 10 years and will change 10 years later.

Anyone else come to the point that sometimes scientists just seem to be grasping at straws because they are afraid to say "I don't know"? I mean come on, they still keep changing their minds whether or not eggs are good for us.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Yea give us some scientific evidence that will be changed in 10 years and will change 10 years later.

Anyone else come to the point that sometimes scientists just seem to be grasping at straws because they are afraid to say "I don't know"? I mean come on, they still keep changing their minds whether or not eggs are good for us.
    Is that your proof that god exists?

Science is a constant search, it's a constant questioning. Scientist are always saying "we don't know" that's why they search for answers. Some things can be conclusively proven others the search goes on. Find one scientist in the evolutionary field that claims "we have all the answers". The point is that without evidence a scientific conclusion or even just a theory cannot be achieved.

Faith in a creator is a set belief that is without question. This doesn't mean it's correct. Heck religion encompasses many faiths with many different ideas as to how life came about. All based on faith without proof.

As I said science and faith are different subjects. You can't reach a scientific conclusion based on faith, there has to be evidence.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-12-2007 at 02:17 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    To bad that from the same evidence, different conclusions can sometimes be made.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    To bad that from the same evidence, different conclusions can sometimes be made.
    And what's your point?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    That your "creationist" and your "scientific evidence" are both complete and utter bullshit. No one knows, no one will ever know unless you travel through time. Either way you look at it, odds are you are wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast