Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Study Re-evaluates Evolution of Mammals

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Dear vdcc...you proved my point. Scientist surely will admit that there was life at some point at which you and I "evolved" from. This life could have only come from a source of life. To think that consciousness came into effect through a "big bang" is shallow and absurd. If life was contained in that single Hydrogen atom...where did the atom come from...a life giver...or random chance. You will agree with me that there are laws that govern things. There must therefore be a law giver or if you like someone who enforces such laws. there would be no law in say the US if there were not cops and judges and people to enforce them. If no-one cared about such laws it would be impossible to enforce them. So there surely must be a law giver...life giver. God is Truth...if you believe your bible...Truth exists therefore God exists. You could argue Truth does not exist...but that statement itself is True.......If you want to believe that you came from...say...a star which according to science contains "all that is you" your welcome to it. Just remember next time your at a zoo and looking at an ape your actually looking at your great great great great grandma....lmao.
    Hmmm, I've said some of this before. However, creationism is not science. It is faith.

It should not be taught in science class. It has no basis in science. At least the theory of evolution can some yield some exploratory aspects.

I believe in intelligent design but that is a faith belief (with a bit of logic). An atheist actually has a faith but that involves in believing that we came from something unintelligent. To me, when comparing those two faiths, it is a simple choice.....

an intelligent being created the laws of physics or
    those laws were just "there" from the get go.

I choose to be believe the laws were created.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    One could look at it this way...If you believe in God and die to find out there is a God youll be glad. If you dont believe in God and die to find out there is a God youll be sorry. If you believe in God and die and there isnt a God...you wont know anyway. So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by believing. Ill wait for the Right-wing Christian nut-job defense.
    Commonly known as "Pascal's wager" it is somewhat flawed in that an all knowing God would see through such a base ruse. I was slightly perplexed by the Ontological argument earlier that "God is Truth etc.," on whose word do we have it that God is "Truth"?

I am also not entirely convinced by the consciousness argument either which seems a reification to me .... but then what do I know I am probably just an old cynic
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Creationists are opening a museum in Kentucky later this year.

Creationists believe that the Garden of Eden did exist, that the world is 6,000 years old, that God created man and animals simultaneously, and that the flood wiped out every living creature that wasn’t inside Noah’s Ark.
    Iraq is the site of the Garden Of Eden? The Ark ended up in Turkey. Noah's wife got burnt at the stake in France nearly 4000 years later. It is little wonder that some people find it difficult to believe. It's all too confusing for me.
    Last edited by bigboab; 04-12-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post
    That your "creationist" and your "scientific evidence" are both complete and utter bullshit. No one knows, no one will ever know unless you travel through time. Either way you look at it, odds are you are wrong.
    I have made no claim as to the accuracy of the conclusions. My point is why god is not part of scientific conclusions/theory.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    I find it funny that those in the "evolution field" are willing to concede to an idea that you and i came from a single hydrogen atom cooked up in an ancient "ooze." Yet, they cannot come to believe in the possibility that we were "created." Life comes from life...and consciousness from this. If anyone can give me an example of life starting from anything other than any other pre-included life than i am all ears.
    And not just that, but how can they make these claims when they don't even have the technology to have discovered all existing fossils?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjackal View Post
    I find it funny that those in the "evolution field" are willing to concede to an idea that you and i came from a single hydrogen atom cooked up in an ancient "ooze." Yet, they cannot come to believe in the possibility that we were "created." Life comes from life...and consciousness from this. If anyone can give me an example of life starting from anything other than any other pre-included life than i am all ears.
    And not just that, but how can they make these claims when they don't even have the technology to have discovered all existing fossils?
    It's called a theory.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjackal View Post

How would they know they had discovered all existing fossils and what difference would that make?

Surely the more fossils that have been unearthed the more established evolution has become as a theory? One of the complaints used to be that all early human fossils could be put into a single bucket and that was no basis for a theory - now there are now enough fossil remains to fill a pick up truck and more are being found all the time.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I am going to reveal the Truth, to you, later, in the Lounge. There you will agree.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Look chaps, evolution happened. We may not know exactly every detail of every aspect of how it worked. However it did happen.

Science works thusly - observe, record, analyse, theorise. That is what has happened with things like the theory of evolution, archeology and all of the other sciences which attempt to prove where we came from. Bear in mind they are not that old as fields of science. The theories are adapting as more data is obtained. That's the way it works.

However that's true about pretty much every part of science. Physics for example is getting to the stage of realizing that everything we ever believed to be true is pish. Galileo, Newton, Einstein, all great men. All achieved great thing. All talking shite.

See everything your Physics Master taught you. Pure bunkum, absolute mashed potatoes. That's just the way it works tho'

The reason there is no scientific proof for the existence of God is that it's not a scientific question. Any more than you asking me, "Did you enjoy your holiday in Mallorca" is a Geography question.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    There isn't any proof in the existence of God. That is why the question cant be answered.

They don't call the roll in Philosophy classes at University. All the students start arguing as to whether they actually exist, or not.
    Last edited by bigboab; 04-13-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast