Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tivo or dvr?

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I have DVR but Tivo is better.

Since I switched from Comcast to Fios I have more recording time but Tivo has more time available.

I wish I could buy my DVR. Mine only has 160 GB (up from 120).
    When you record a buncha HD shows, that space gets zapped in no time.

I have the Motorola STB (6416 I think). The last 2 digits denote the recording time (add a 0).

The is a 320 GB STB that I'd love to buy. That or if I could add an external hard disk drive to the SATA port.

I noticed that in some cases, I would watch a show just to make sure I had space for the others. That sucks ass.

I wanna be able to record a whole season of Supernatural (IN HD OF COURSE), but also House, 24, Prison Break, Family Guy, etc.

Right now I download stuff that's not in HD (Dresden Files, Stargate SG-1, etc.) and just watch in near HD quality on my DVD player.
    I the FIOS service sounds pretty awsome. I like the Multi-Room DVR,that they offer. (You only need one dvr and can pause in one room,while still watching the program in another room.)

I love my Tivo service. (I'm thinking of switching,when fiber optic lines are laid here. ) Damn you,Verizon...Damn you!

-bd

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I have DVR but Tivo is better.

Since I switched from Comcast to Fios I have more recording time but Tivo has more time available.

I wish I could buy my DVR. Mine only has 160 GB (up from 120).
    When you record a buncha HD shows, that space gets zapped in no time.

I have the Motorola STB (6416 I think). The last 2 digits denote the recording time (add a 0).

The is a 320 GB STB that I'd love to buy. That or if I could add an external hard disk drive to the SATA port.

I noticed that in some cases, I would watch a show just to make sure I had space for the others. That sucks ass.

I wanna be able to record a whole season of Supernatural (IN HD OF COURSE), but also House, 24, Prison Break, Family Guy, etc.

Right now I download stuff that's not in HD (Dresden Files, Stargate SG-1, etc.) and just watch in near HD quality on my DVD player.
    I the FIOS service sounds pretty awsome. I like the Multi-Room DVR,that they offer. (You only need one dvr and can pause in one room,while still watching the program in another room.)

I love my Tivo service. (I'm thinking of switching,when fiber optic lines are laid here. ) Damn you,Verizon...Damn you!

-bd
    Yeah the only drawbacks (compared to Comcast) are...

the remote
    the guide
    the on demand

It's cheaper, has better picture (slightly), and has more recording time.

I still went with 2 separate DVRs vs. getting Muti-room.

Wifey records more things upstairs and I record more things for the big-screen.

It works out nicely. Besides one Multi-room is $20 and one regular STB is $5.

2 regular DVRs are $24 ($12 each).

I like FIOS cuz I get 15 Mbps on the cheap (the video is cheaper than Comcast too).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12