Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw You Fake File Poser Dickheads!

LOOK just use the verifieds....... or BITTORENT.

Fakes are a bloody nightmare but since it happened to me a few times i educated myself and just started using torrents and sig2dat. I havent downloaded a fake for months.Thanks to this forum etc..

(there was that time when i got pissed and thought id d/l terminator 3 though......)

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    [QUOTE=Colt Seevers,1 June 2003 - 18:27]
    Quote Originally Posted by angellynn26,1 June 2003 - 18:23
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVnI,1 June 2003 - 17:18
    Well I must tell you that i know that some people rename for fun. Most fake files are accidental. However there is one other group of fakes. The people who make movies and are in that business. Also for software, Microsoft. They buy a computer and fill it with fakes and put them on the p2p network. This is obviously to get people frustrated and then think is it worth using kazaa if all you get is fakes?
    All I can say is that people should stop complaining and also to help we should consider opening a fake section in movieworld. This would be like a verifieds but its Fake Verifieds. People could post the files for new movies that they have found were fake i.e. the file name, title, length and size. I think its a good idea i hope the board managers see this...
    I think everyone would agree it could save time. Especially for the poor 56kers
    excellent, excellent idea!!! That's the best idea I've heard yet to handle fakes and I think it would truly help! I hope the right people get to read your post.
    EDIT. I don't know why the above text didn't come out as a quote, it was supposed to, please read it as such.

Ummmm, I'm not so sure about this. All that anyone would have to do would be to post the real info as a fake to stop us downloading it.

I do like the idea of a "how to spot fakes" section. If one of the experts writes something comphrensive and useful on this perhaps a moderator would consider pinning it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    stop complaining..... then try not d/l fake file. Check the file name, size, how many ppl sharing. There is no other way to stop d/l fake file.

I can tell you why ppl rename file name well beczu they think it is fun to have ppl d/l with their 56k..(i dont share fake file lol)

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    This is why I am getting sick of this board.

Too many retarded people comming on, complaining about the same shit we have heard for a year, or asking for the same shit, etc.

Few of this board newbies have any respect for the ship we run here.

this place is going down the shitter...

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    aghh...come on Schmiggy dont abandon ship yet. Yeah theres a lot of newbs posting the same things over and over, but there are also some really good threads on this board.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@2 June 2003 - 04:11
    This is why I am getting sick of this board.

Too many retarded people comming on, complaining about the same shit we have heard for a year, or asking for the same shit, etc.

Few of this board newbies have any respect for the ship we run here.

this place is going down the shitter...
    No offense, but I feel the urge to ask why you look at topics on this subject if it makes you so sick? You really don't have to post a comment on it or look at these topics....it's not like you're forced to do it, are you? Also, I would like to know about "the ship we run here"... who, exactly, is we? Is there some rule that says you can't post your opinions here unless you have belonged to the forum for some specific period of time? Those of you who've been on the forum for a while discriminate against newbies all the time, so why should us newbies worry about accomodating you all? I was unaware that there was some rule about not repeating topics, besides, the more experienced may be tired of listening to the 'same shit' for a year, but those of us who are new to the forum haven't been listening to it! So, get off our backs! And I'll say it again.....don't look at/post on these topics if you don't like them! Nobody's twisting your arm to read these! Most of you people who say lame shit like this are just bitching for the sake of bitching.

And lastly, you don't get respect unless you give it. It has been my observation that many people on this forum ruin it by dishing out nothing but disrespect to newbies. Doesn't exactly make you feel at all welcome on the forum or like giving respect to those who have none for you. So, don't ask for it unless you're prepared to give it back!

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Hey angellynn26. You make a good point. I dont think Schmiggy was trying to put down newbies in any way. And you guys have every right to post threads as any of the senior members do. And your right...there should be mutual respect. I just think he was saying that hes tired of members who dont use the faqs or the search option. I mean most of the questions that are asked, have been asked many times before, and if some members took the time to search, they would find what they are looking for. And the FAQ's are there to help our new members...and they give more than adaquate answers to some of the questions that are posted. The problem with posting topics...that have been posted b4 is that they begin to clog the board. You look for a topic you just posted only to find it halfway down the list due to 7 people all asking where to get Reloaded. There is no need for that.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I for one dont need your fucking respect. I have earned plenty of respect around here, and you by no means are needed in that regard.

Two, that comment wasnt directly towards you, it was to "everyone" who posts the same shit time and time again.

Three, the next time you decided to post some retarded thread, why dont you search first, see what other people posted the same retarded thread, and comment in that, and save others the trouble of having to sort through your repeat retarded thread to find the content that is meaningfull and original.

Fourth, this certainly doesnt need to be in the Movieworld, and is more appropriate for the Filesharing section of the forum.

Fifth, I dont discriminate against newbies, I discriminate against IDIOTS who feel the need to RUN THEIR MOUTHS WITH CAPSLOCKS ON, and have no concept of punctuation when they post, or start a thread.

Sixth... you dont like my post, or my comments on your BS... then dont post it... you post in a "public" forum, and I can say what ever I damn well please.

and to top it off...

*yes, im in a shitty a mood, and by no means am feeling "PC"...*

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    LOL...its hillarious everytime

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Originally posted by thegroggman@2 June 2003 - 06:19
    The problem with posting topics...that have been posted b4 is that they begin to clog the board. You look for a topic you just posted only to find it halfway down the list due to 7 people all asking where to get Reloaded. There is no need for that.
    groggman, I can certainly see your point with clogging the board, I admit I never thought of that. I would like to point out, however, that this topic was never to complain about fakes and such as most are, but rather to call out to those who get some kind of kick out of doing it. I wanted to see if one of those posers would actually have the nerve to make a comment about their motivations for posting fakes. I certainly never thought so many people would get riled up about it I still like the idea posted earlier about included a section in the forum strictly devoted to fakes, then those who don't want to be stuck wading through those posts wouldn't have to and those who want to rant would have a good place to do it in.

Also, to those of you talking about some newbies who just don't know any better and don't rename fake files or don't know how to... I really wasn't talking about those kinds of file sharers, I was referring to the people who were the first to rename the file and distribute it all over Kazaa.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast